Stone Esquire
erichh
Accepted Solution

Web Security seems ineffective against "back" button

Hello.  I recently installed Mobile Security on my HTC Evo.  It seems to have great potential but the web security function doesn't seem to be working effectively.  After attempting to enter a blocked website, I get a message stating that the site is blocked by Mobile Security.  But if I simply push the "back" button, I am taken to the page that was supposed to be blocked.  Is Trend Micro aware of this apparent "loop hole?"  Please let me know if there is an update or other way to keep this from happening.  Thanks! 

Please use plain text.
Customer Service Manager
PartyJetsetGo

Re: Web Security seems ineffective against "back" button

[ Edited ]

hi erich,

thanks for the feedback, will verify this and get back to you ...

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
erichh

I have a little more information about this.  When I press the back button, the web browser goes back to the blocked page and begins redirecting it to Trend Micro's website.  The reason it displayed the blocked page was because it was already saved in the cache from when the blocked page was viewed before I installed the Mobile Security application.  I think I've found a way to prevent the blocked page from displaying.  I cleared my browsing history and cache and now when I try to visit a blocked page, it doesn't show the content when I click the back button anymore...

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
erichh

Unfortunately this didn't solve the problem as I thought it would. All someone has to do is hit the back button once more and they can freely view the "blocked" page.... Has anyone else found a way to solve this problem? Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
Raymond

Hello Erichh,

This bug has been fixed on the latest version of Trend Micro Mobile Security. The version 2.0 is not yet uploaded on the android market but will be available by the end of the month.

Thanks!

Raymond

Please use plain text.
Customer Service Manager
Geocite

*** Locked topic because problem was already resovled. For related concerns, please post a new topic from the link below:

Mobile Security:

http://community.trendmicro.com/t5/Mobile-Security/bd-p/mobile-security

Please use plain text.