Skip to content

TEKIAMI
HostedIT
Accepted Solution

Trend SafeSync - any plans for Windows Phone client?

As it says on the tin, you have iOS and Android clients - how about a Windows Phone client please? Particularly from a business/enterprise perspective this is gaining traction and is a gap for us as resellers just now.

If this isn't the proper place for this question, my apologies! :smileywink:

Regards,

David

Please use plain text.
Stone Noble
nayan007

Re: Trend SafeSync - any plans for Windows Phone client?

Hi,

I also do agree with you,yes what about wndi

HostedAdmin wrote:

As it says on the tin, you have iOS and Android clients - how about a Windows Phone client please? Particularly from a business/enterprise perspective this is gaining traction and is a gap for us as resellers just now.

If this isn't the proper place for this question, my apologies! :smileywink:

Regards,

David

Hi Davisd,

I also do agree you you.If we come to the business side then even Windows phone also have a huge market.So they also do something for Windows Phone Client.

Please use plain text.
Customer Service Manager
PartyJetsetGo

hey guys,

thanks for the feedback will send this to the safesync team to check, will let you know if i heard anything from them :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
mpdailey

Just want to express my interest in a SafeSync client as well. It would be a great alternative to using Microsoft's SkyDrive or Office 365 SharePoint for accesing files from my Windows phone.

Please use plain text.
TEKIAMI
HostedIT

Hi there,

Approaching 2 months now since this was asked. Any progress? At present we have no WP7 client and we can't use the browser to access SafeSync easily as your pages don't scale well so its a *big* gap we have here.

How about addressing this? Sometime soon...

David Elders

Please use plain text.
TEKIAMI
HostedIT

Windows Phone 7 SafeSync Client

Guys,

Any plans for this? Some of us have been asking for months and its a glaring hole in your product offering at present, particularly for those of us who are IT consultants and have to be able to cover all platforms for our clients.

http://community.trendmicro.com/t5/Mobile-Security/Trend-SafeSync-any-plans-for-Windows-Phone-client...

Unanswered for months now... :robotfrustrated:

David

Please use plain text.
Customer Service Manager
PartyJetsetGo

Re: Windows Phone 7 SafeSync Client

hi david,

sorry for the delay let me check again ...

Please use plain text.
Customer Service Manager
PartyJetsetGo

apologies for the delay, after checking this its something being considered but not likely to come out this year ... 

Please use plain text.
TEKIAMI
HostedIT

Not likely to come out this year???!???!

Pardon me, but that's CRAZY.

You realise that Windows Phone 8 will be out before then?

Have to say, sometimes with Trend I just want to bang my head against a wall! Great products, absolute lack of common sense in how best to support them from a business perspective - particularly with regards listening to your IT VARs who have to integrate your solutions into wider IT frameworks. You need to stop thinking purely of your products as standalone and outwith the integration aspect. You go and do good things like providing a link into the Microsoft Small Business Server management snap-in and then you go and basically refuse to provide the same level of support and integration to their phone offering while offering iPhone such functionality. Next thing you'll be bringing out an Android app regardless of it being a platform that most sensible IT departments would ban from ever connecting to their networks in any way, given its lack of even basic security.

Regards,

David

Please use plain text.
Customer Service Manager
PartyJetsetGo

Hi David,

We will submit a feature request on your behalf to check if this can be included as a feature for SafeSync. As of this moment SafeSync is targeting “consumer” users hence the mobile app we have is only for Android and iOS users (bulk of mobile users). 

Please use plain text.