Skip to content

TEKIAMI
fasteddie0747
Accepted Solution

Lost Phone Need To Transfer To New Phone.

I lost my phone and need to transfer to a new phone, how can one transfer to new phone.
Thanks!!! 

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
erza

Re: Lost Phone Need To Transfer To New Phone.

hi fasteddie0747,

the feature to transfer license is not yet available in this version but what you can do is download the installer, sign-in with the same details of your previous registration

the subscription information should carry over

please get the installer from the temporary manual download page trendmicro.com/mobilesecuritydownload

cheers!

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience. Formerly posting as slabster.
Please use plain text.
TEKIAMI
fasteddie0747

Do I have to wipe out the data on the lost phone first before I attempt to add to new device?

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
fjordz

Hi fasteddie0747,

It is highly advisable that you wipe out your data in the lost phone so you'll not worry about any identity theft issue that may arise in the future. You may use the SMS Remote Wipe feature of your Trend Micro Mobile Security for Smartphones that enables you to send an SMS text message to it and remotely wipe all data.

Regards,

Fjordz

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
erza

if you're using mobile security for android (personal edition), please go to http://mobilesecurity.trendmicro.com/ to trigger the remote wipe

cheers!

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience. Formerly posting as slabster.
Please use plain text.
TEKIAMI
fasteddie0747

The remote feature is coming back with a messge that it cannot conduct that process. I did have the setting on the phone that if one tries to remove the SD Card the information is lost but I could get the swipe feature to activate.
I just got the phone and going to try the install of Trend Micro Mobile, please stay tune might need your help. 

Please use plain text.
TEKIAMI
fasteddie0747

Hooray!!! I was able to install the Trend Micro Mobile Edition per your instructions provided, I did not have to put in the Key Registeration because it recognized the subscription and when I went to the lost protection site to double check my new device has been added and it indicated my subscribtion is up to date.
Thanks a million because I didn't want to go with a different software, thanks for all you do behind the scences, I as well added the Lock This Device if anyone changes or removes the SD SIM card. 

Please use plain text.
TEKIAMI
fasteddie0747

Excellent security software I have used it on my previous phone and just got the HTC Evo LTE and just installed if you want peace of mind on all your downloads and web surfing please get this app it's awesome. Download @ trendmicro.com/mobilesecuritydownload copy & paste to your browser sign in and make sure from the drowndown menu in the center where it indicates your device pick out the new device that you have and then click "INSTALL" that's it.
Thanks Trend Micro for making it smooth and easy and GREAT!!!!!! 

Please use plain text.