Skip to content

Stone Esquire
cobikid
Accepted Solution

Activation code

I purchased a redemption code for my trial version of trend micro for android and sent off for my activation code After receiving the code by email I followed instructions and all seemed OK however at switching on my tablet a little later I could not get the trend micro to work and all I get is a message saying the trial will finish in so many days time. I tried using the activation code again but it just says code invalid. Any ideas ?

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
silentpal

Re: Activation code

Hi cobikid,

I understand that you are trying to activate your Trend Micro protection to your tablet as well. Please take note that your activation code is good for one mobile device only. To protect your 2nd mobile device you need to purchase a new license again.

Regards,

silentpal

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
cobikid

Hi Silentpal

I probably didn't make it too clear what I did but I am only using the code on one device (galaxy tab). When I entered the code all seemed to be accepted ok but when I used the tab a short time later it was as before I entered the code i.e. I had only so many days of my trial to run and prompted me to renew.

Please use plain text.
Customer Service Manager
Geocite

Hi cobikid,

You may follow the steps from our knowledge base link below to activate the Trend Micro Mobile Security on your Galaxy Tab:

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-us/1059219.aspx

Regards,

Geo :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
cobikid

Hi

Thanks for your reply however this has not resolved the problem and all is back to square one. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling but come to the same problem i.e. activation code not accepted. E mailed Trend so waiting response and have asked for refund as this seems ludicrous to try and get this going. I'm sure there are other systems that are just as good and hopefully work better.

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
erza

hi cobikid,

is this retail or bundled with Titanium?

if bundled with Titanium, follow instructions here: http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-us/1059198.aspx

if retail, have you created a Trend Micro Account? sign in, do you see your TMMS program listed? if so, when you download and install TMMS, simply sign-in - the expiration date should reflect right about the Extend Protection button, you don't need to use the activation key again

happy New Year!

erza

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience. Formerly posting as slabster.
Please use plain text.