Skip to content

Stone Esquire
alexcphilip
Accepted Solution

library not registered error in Yahoo messenger

I am getting the script error 'library not registered' when sending or receiving messages in Yahoo messenger.

Because of that there is a delay in sending and receiving of messages. I had scanned the system using Trend Micro HijackThis tool. I have attached the scan log.

Please suggest how to rectify this issue.

Thanks,

Alexander

Please use plain text.
Stone Noble
unbreakable

Re: library not registered error in Yahoo messenger

Hello Alex,

quite weird with what you have there, can you provide the exact error notification that you are getting? Is there any files or library name specified on the notification?

Thanks,

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
alexcphilip

Hi,

I got the error as library not registered while sending a message in yahoo messenger to any conatct. It came as a box asking me do you want to run the script.

Please help.

Please use plain text.
Stone Noble
kylieminogue

hi,

i had the same error with my yahoo msg 10, i get that error when i open yahoo on another user account, i have 2 accounts on my laptop a main one and a 2ndary one, the yahoo opens perfectly on the main account but the error comes up on the 2ndary account ... try to do a clean uninstall of your yahoo messenger and reinstall it

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
michal_john

this is like an embarracing problem . and also your problem is not so clear but a latest version of updated yahoo messenger can remove your problem.

you can download yahoo messenger to get latest features of yahoo messenger.

Please use plain text.
Legendary Emissary
malwarekiller

Welcome aboard! Posted Image

This doesnt seem to be malware related..anyway for your satisfaction lets have a check:

Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here

Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.

• Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
  • The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)
  • The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply.

If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediately.

—————
Was this post helpful? Say “thanks” by giving me a “Kudo”!
Was your question answered or issue solved? Mark that post as an “Accepted Solution”!
Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
sharad

Dear when u using yahoo messenger  & trying to go into category list room if u got error like "library not registered"

then most probably the location or registration of your ym library file is removed from your registered.

Solution: try using windows restore point or use restoring back up of registered file stored earlier

cause: by mistake u or your registry editor/cleaner has removed your ym library file registration

I hope this will sure help

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
se7en

Hi alexcphilip,

I would suggest is to have a clean uninstall of Yahoo Messenger and then re-install it on your computer.

You can refer to the link below so that you can download the latest version.

http://messenger.yahoo.com/download/

Regards,

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.