Skip to content

Stone Esquire
beberod
Accepted Solution

gaming solution

I use an assitance program for online gaming that woked fine with the previous version of micro trend i had. i upgraded to the platinum maximum 2011 version and now every time i open my program microtrend treats it as a virus and deletes it. i have accessed and input the program into the "allowed" portion of microtrend, but the antivirus still treats my program as a threat and deletes it. thanks for reading, i hope there is a solution somewhere.

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
arteec

Re: gaming solution

Hi beberod,

Can you identify the name of the program so we can check on it? Please also include the file detected by Trend Micro to be malicious so we can check on the validity of the file.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Artee :smileyhappy:

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
beberod

thanks for the response atreec, the program is called word crosser, the file name is wordcrosser.exe, it's from pogo cheats and is for pogo.com. unfortunatly this is not the only program that trendmicro stops from working, i have to turn off trendmicro in order for it too work and it works fine  but i'm left with no protection. in the logs under threat it reads "TROJ_DELF.IFS". thanks again, and i hope i was able to provide what you needed.

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
loidas

Hi beberod,

It seems like the file, "wordcrosser.exe" is malicious.  That is the reason why it being deleted by Trend Micro program.  It is classified as a banking info stealer.  These cheats or crack files that you downloaded will be tagged as malicious since they get some information or somehow bypass a program.  It would be best if you would be deleting those to avoid some problems on the near future.

I hope I was able to answer your question.

Cheers!

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
beberod

thank you for your reply, and i will take that up with the program makers.

Please use plain text.