Skip to content

Honored Emissary
i-live-on-mars
Accepted Solution

Submitting Files

I was just wondering, if I ever have a undetected malware sample or a false positive, where exactly would I send it.  All other vendors have a simple way, but I haven't seen anything for Trend Micro. 

Either its hiding from me, or this would be a good feature to add.

Please use plain text.
Stone Noble
kylieminogue

Re: Submitting Files

Please use plain text.
Honored Emissary
i-live-on-mars

hmm, I guess that works.  The problem is I used Avira before, and their system to submit is so easy and just great.

Please use plain text.
Honored Emissary
i-live-on-mars

Why is it that Trend doesn't have a simple web form and/or an email address to submit malware/false positives to?

I find this to be a little weird...:smileysad:

Please use plain text.
TEKIAMI
jonatanb

SMB and Enterprise products have an easier way of dealing with this issue, just email Trend Micro Anti-Virus Team - trendlabs@av-emea.com with any suspicious files but ensure to password protect them in a zip file.

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
Rexival_Feraer

Hi guys,

Trend Micro Smart Protection Network on its products and free tools should be able to address some if not all of this malware sourcing concerns. TIS, TAV, TIS Pro and the lastest Housecall uses this Trend Micro Smart Protection Network to proactively protect customers and send feedback information automatically to Trend Micro to better improve its overall protection and detection.

The information sent out by kylieminogue is our manual way of submitting files which is followed by support for selected occasions and scenarios.

Kind regards,

Rex

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
sharptooth

How to submit virus sample?

I would like to raise the question,how to submit virus sample and how long can I get the response from Trendmicro?which way could be the fast way for Trendmicro lab staff to receive the sample?

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
j0927

Re: How to submit virus sample?

Hi sharptooth,

We can refer to the post of Raymond, one of our Trend Micro Community member. Please click on the direct link below:

http://community.trendmicro.com/t5/Malware-Discussions/Malware-Submission-Best-Practices/td-p/1160

Good day! :smileyvery-happy:

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Affiliate
greggmh123

Re: How to submit virus sample?

You can submit it to www.virustotal.com as well. It is a site not affiliated with Trend Micro and runs the file against about 40 antivirus programs.

I am a Trend Micro Affiliate. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
codyw3

Submitting malware samples

I have a handful of malware samples that my Trend Micro product did not detect. Where can I submit them? Is there an email address or web form to submit them to TrendLabs?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.