Skip to content

Stone Esquire RNF
Stone Esquire
RNF

Spam requests generated from MicroTrend IPs

Hello,

We are monitoring hundreds of spam requests per day on our servers coming from TrendMicro IPs (e.g. 150.70.75.32, 150.70.172.106, 216.104.15.138). 

It might be that one of our customers is using TrendMicro application and as a result your servers are crawling our sites.

We are requesting your action to stop these hits on our sites. We don't want to publish here all our server details and asking to get the details of a contact person that can stop these hits.

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
Raymond

Re: Why is Trend Micro spending so much time and my bandwidth scanning my website?

Hello ArtVandelay,

Let me see what i can do to help you here. Maybe reclassifiying the site can help. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks,

Raymond

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
Raymond

Re: Why is Trend Micro spending so much time and my bandwidth scanning my website?

@ArtVandelay,

can you please check if your site is back to normal now? thanks

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
jonsidneyb

Re: Why is trendmicro accessing my server every second.

This happens quite regularly to some of us innocent bystanders.  It seem to me the best way is to block TrendMicro from your servers.

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
jonsidneyb

Re: Why is trendmicro accessing my server every second.

Is there anything being done to take care of this issue or are more and more people going to be blocking Trend Micro bots?

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
vh7dragons

Trend Micro Forum Comment Spam

This is the second time I've opened a new forum and, within less than twelve hours, received repeated attempts at comment spam from IPs belonging to Trend Micro in the US and Japan.

From now on, my ongoing policy will be to automatically block all Trend Micro IPs from any sites I operate, and to advise others most vehemently to do the same.

If you are ostensibly in the business of *preventing* such hostile actions, y'all seriously need to clean your own house first. 

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro
slabster

Re: Trend Micro Forum Comment Spam

hi vh7dragons,

hope this article clears things up

Information about Trend Micro Web Reputation Services

cheers! :smileyhappy:

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience. Now posting as erza.
Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
zorro

Re: Please stop spamming my websites

I am also getting trend address spamming my website 150.70.172.205, 150.70.64.197, 150.70.75.31. Can something be done to get this resolved

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
FamousAdmin

[ Edited ]

Please stop filling my logs with your customer's sensitive information, like user IDs, email addresses and so on.

/exchange/customer/NON_IPM_SUBTREE/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync/iPhone/ApplC39F9YBNDDP7/cb22d6231502e3449bfb94bb44183d4c-16ee0008

For the past week, I've encountered your entries flooding my logs with junk like the above originating from your Japanese IP range. I'm sure my customer would not appreciate knowing that a company he probably trusts with his Internet Security is allowing this information to be passed along to unrelated log files.

Please cease these apparent brute force attacks 

[Mod Note: Removed private information from post to protect customer privacy]

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
stopspammysites

Re: Spam requests generated from MicroTrend IPs

RNF wrote:

Hello,

We are monitoring hundreds of spam requests per day on our servers coming from TrendMicro IPs (e.g. 150.70.75.32, 150.70.172.106, 216.104.15.138). 

It might be that one of our customers is using TrendMicro application and as a result your servers are crawling our sites.

We are requesting your action to stop these hits on our sites. We don't want to publish here all our server details and asking to get the details of a contact person that can stop these hits.

Same problem with our company's website, Raymond you have a private message, please stop.

Please use plain text.