Genieo

Re: How do I report a false positive?

Hi,

I got an email from your 

Sr. Systems Engineer
at

GCC_CORPRECEIVE@support.trendmicro.com

saying

"We verified that the files are non-malicious. The files are no longer detected by the latest pattern."

but found that it is not updated 

http://www.virustotal.com/file-scan/report.html?id=2c2603ffdd3dad7a4c9380bbdca94b08f7694ad4fe5731fe2...

I'm force to send the above virus total report to our clients to prove that TrendMicro is still the only anti virus vendore that is recognising us as fals positive. 

Can you help me resolve this issue asap for both our customers.

Regards,

Genieo

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
Genieo

False positive again

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Less then a week after I got this email from Trend Micro support

"After further analysis, we have verified that the following files have been falsely detected:

InstallGenieo.exe (1,097,736 bytes) as TROJ_DLOADER.BMC

The latest pattern no longer detect the file"

I got today an email from a client saying:

URL Blocked

The URL that you are attempting to access is a potential security risk. Trend Micro OfficeScan has blocked this URL in keeping with network security policy.

URL:

http://download.genieo.com/partner/genieo/release/live/InstallGenieo

Risk Level:

Risk level cannot be displayed because active scripting is disabled. Dangerous Highly suspicious Suspicious Untested

Details:

Verified fraud page or threat source Suspected fraud page or threat source Associated with spam or possibly compromised Rating in progress. Trend Micro Web Reputation is currently set to block pages that have not been checked for safety.

Can you help me with a direct contact to your support team so that we can resolve this ASAP

Thank you

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
silentpal

Re: False positive again

Hi Genieo,

Hope this helps! Please try to use the following websites to reclassify the web site:

http://wrs.ctfast2.trendmicro.com/CTFAST/sss/sss_register.jsp?bu=APAC

To reclassify the email please use the link below:

http://ers.ctfast2.trendmicro.com/CTFAST/sss/sss_register.jsp?bu=APAC

Regards,

silentpal

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
Genieo

False positive on Genieo

Hi,

I was here a few weeks ago and was told problem is solved and that Genieo was added to the with list.

Today I received an email from one of our clients saying Trend Micro Titanium 2012 is flagging us as a threat and is blocking installation.

How can we resolve this ASAP?

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
Genieo

False positive on Genieo

Hi again,

I was here a few weeks ago and was told problem is solved and that Genieo was added to the with list.

Today I received an email from one of our clients saying Trend Micro Titanium 2012 is flagging us as a threat and is blocking installation.

How can we resolve this ASAP?

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
Genieo

False positive on Genieo again

Hi again,

Virus total found that TM is reporting us as TROJ again

TROJ_DLOADER.BMC, TROJ_GEN.F47V0718, TROJ_GEN.F47V0725

How can we resolve this?

Is there a way of resolving this once and for all?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
TEKIAMI
HDTVCAM

Re: False positive on Genieo

It isn't a false positive.

Genieo is Malware.  It is a browser hijacker. 

Search "Genieo Malware" or "Genieo Virus" and notice there are hundreds of returns from people who have been infested by your program?

Genieo offers a software removal tool.  I have a question for you.  Whay would you go to a site that installed an unwanted program on your computer that requires advanced skills to remove, and download an unknown program?

I downloaded and quarenteed the program to scan it.  It returned as a dangerous virus and was auto deleted.

Please use plain text.