Skip to content

Stone Esquire
harvey_birdman
Accepted Solution

How do I get rid of D2MClient.exe?

I did not install it so it is a virus. I don't understand why you have NO SOLUTION for it. And WHY HAVE YOU NOT provided protection against Conduit and Babylon? I removed Conduit but it shut down my IE and I cannot load a single  URL!

I do not want links to new products to purchase.  I want some real help, please...

Please use plain text.
Legendary Emissary
malwarekiller

Re: How do I get rid of D2MClient.exe?

Download AdwCleaner from here to your desktop
Run AdwCleaner and select Delete

Once done it will ask to reboot, allow this
On reboot a log will be produced please attach that

—————
Was this post helpful? Say “thanks” by giving me a “Kudo”!
Was your question answered or issue solved? Mark that post as an “Accepted Solution”!
Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
BorderDrama

It is a virus and a very stubborn one. Every log-off was a "forced one" because D2MClient was "still running" and could be closed only by starting up Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del), unless I wanted to force each log-off.  I ran Norton several times and nothing showed up.  I then resorted to Norton's Power Eraser and it found that one plus two more and fixed them.

You get a warning when you try to dowlload Google Earth, and they are not kidding.  It can harm your computer.  As a writer, I find that it essential for research.    Google Earth Pro costs $399 per year, but I ran the free trial and can see no difference in the two aps. I won't spend that kind of money with no assurance that it is virus free and will remain that way.

Please use plain text.
Legendary Emissary
malwarekiller

please run adwcleaner and post the log first.

—————
Was this post helpful? Say “thanks” by giving me a “Kudo”!
Was your question answered or issue solved? Mark that post as an “Accepted Solution”!
Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
harvey_birdman

So you mean that Trend Micro is unable to see or stop this virus?  I have disabled Java and I hope that does something...

Please use plain text.