Stone Emissary
alicez

CCleaner and SpyBot S&D

[ Edited ]

I recently installed the TM HouseCall (64-Bit version) on my Win 7 (64-Bit). I ran the Quick Scan and then I used CCleaner to clean out temp files, etc.
I then ran SpyBot S&D and got a pop-up that read: "We have located 134 temporary files. Scna speed will increase if you allow us to clean your temporary folder. Do you want SpyBot delete for you."

http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/2263/spybothousecall.jpg

I ran CCleaner as I always to and wonder why this pop-up from SpyBot? Does anyone know? Maybe CCleaner cannot/does not remove HouseCall tempoary files?

Is anyone else using Win 7 (64-Bit) and HouseCall and SpyBot. And if so, did you get same message? Maybe CCleaner cannot delete HouseCall temp files.

Just very confusing.

Alice

Please use plain text.
Stone Talent
iroh

Re: CCleaner and SpyBot S&D

hmmm, let me try that, cuz i also use ccleaner to do the disk cleanup

i use win7 32bit

are you sure the temp files are those from housecall? maybe you can check the logs

Please use plain text.
Stone Kendo
dmccann

Was the box in ccleaner advanced settings that says only delete files older than 24 hrs. checked?

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
TheMatador

I thought there was a conflict between Spybot and similar anti malware products and Trend products. I do not run other mal ware products unless I have a problem.  I know this might not be an answer. I will try deleting the files and remove the non Trend products. Just what I would do.

Please use plain text.