Stone Esquire
stadium1
Accepted Solution

unable to delete program

[ Edited ]

I have recently recieved a different computer @ my job and I'm unable to uninstall the Trend program. I created an Trend account and looked at older posts. I tried to install the toolkit and followed the posted intructions. Still I am unable to unistall. It is requiring a password. Please help me resolve this issue. Thank you. My OS is Windows Xp.

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
RAAR

Re: unable to delete program

Hi stadium1,

When you open up the TrendMicro software installed on machine what name appears on the top? We need to verify what program you have installed on the machine to determine how to remove it.

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
Richard

I am having trouble uninstalling also.

My program was recently installed on an old Vista laptop and caused problems so I deleted the program but it still tries to get me to fix the "Problem" and interrupts my activities after a few minuets of fire up.

The program title at the top says

Trend Micro antivirus

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
manwolf

Hi Richard. It seems that you are using the 2009 or the 2010 version of the Trend Micro Antivirus. Please try to open the Trend Micro Diagnotic Toolkit in order for you to uninstall the Trend Micro program completely.

For Windows XP

01. Click on the Start button.
02. Click on Run and a new window will appear.
03. Type the following on the text field:
      tistool
04. Click on the OK button and the Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit window will appear.
05. Click on the Uninstall Tab.
06. Click on the Uninstall Software or Uninstall button. 

For Windows Vista

01. Click on the Windows Orb button.
02. Type the following on the Start Search text field above the Windows Orb button:
      tistool
03. Press the Enter key of your keyboard and the Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit window will appear.
04. Click on the Uninstall Tab.
05. Click on the Uninstall Software or Uninstall button.

You should be able to uninstall the program successfully.

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
Ben10k

Hi,

The solution above can be found here:

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-us/1037161.aspx

Peace and love!

Please use plain text.