Stone Emissary
snyggapa
Accepted Solution

safesync recurring error - 2 files refuse to upload

[ Edited ]

Just upgraded to lastest 1136 build hoping it would solve this problem, but have 2 files that refuse to sync, repeating the error below over and over again about every 90 seconds

--edit-- Oddly, looking on the safesync area by using the drive, the 2 files are there and accessible - however the client doesn't seem to think that they are. I only have 1 file of each name locally so it's not a case sensitivity or odd filename issues. I guess I could zap them from the safesync drive and hope that they then sync correctly, but rather not make a habit of doing so

--/edit--

Anyone got any clues?

Thanks

-Steve

--- Log session started at 27/01/2011 19:20:41, compile time : Jan 10 2011 22:00:21 ---
Client Version : 3.0.0.1136
Operating System : Windows Vista (v6.0.6002) Service Pack 2.0
[27/01/2011 19:23:56] [E] in function 'void __thiscall Sync::smileyfrustrated:ynchronizationService::syncModifiedFile<struct Sync::Local,struct Sync::Remote>(class boost::shared_ptr<struct Sync::File>)'
file '.\SynchronizationService.cpp' line 1320:
    in function 'void __cdecl Sync::writeBody(struct HttpConnection *,class boost::shared_ptr<struct InputStream const >)'
    file '.\RemoteStorage.cpp' line 726 threadid 74472920 :
        error code 500: The storage device has reported a critical error, sourcePath='JB-Laptop/Photos/IMG_1108.JPG', description=' Internal Server Error
'

[27/01/2011 19:24:01] [E] in function 'void __thiscall Sync::smileyfrustrated:ynchronizationService::syncModifiedFile<struct Sync::Local,struct Sync::Remote>(class boost::shared_ptr<struct Sync::File>)'
    in function 'void __cdecl Sync::writeBody(struct HttpConnection *,class boost::shared_ptr<struct InputStream const >)'
    file '.\RemoteStorage.cpp' line 726 threadid 80340600 :
        error code 500: The storage device has reported a critical error, sourcePath='JB-Laptop/Photos/IMG_1089.JPG', description=' Internal Server Error
'

[27/01/2011 19:26:28] [E] in function 'void __thiscall Sync::smileyfrustrated:ynchronizationService::syncModifiedFile<struct Sync::Local,struct Sync::Remote>(class boost::shared_ptr<struct Sync::File>)'
    file '.\RemoteStorage.cpp' line 726 threadid 81471256 :
        error code 500: The storage device has reported a critical error, sourcePath='JB-Laptop/Photos/IMG_1089.JPG', description=' Internal Server Error
'

[27/01/2011 19:26:28] [E] in function 'void __thiscall Sync::smileyfrustrated:ynchronizationService::syncModifiedFile<struct Sync::Local,struct Sync::Remote>(class boost::shared_ptr<struct Sync::File>)'
    file '.\RemoteStorage.cpp' line 726 threadid 81472976 :
        error code 500: The storage device has reported a critical error, sourcePath='JB-Laptop/Photos/IMG_1108.JPG', description=' Internal Server Error
'

[27/01/2011 19:29:02] [E] in function 'void __thiscall Sync::smileyfrustrated:ynchronizationService::syncModifiedFile<struct Sync::Local,struct Sync::Remote>(class boost::shared_ptr<struct Sync::File>)'
    file '.\RemoteStorage.cpp' line 726 threadid 81469336 :
'

[27/01/2011 19:29:03] [E] in function 'void __thiscall Sync::smileyfrustrated:ynchronizationService::syncModifiedFile<struct Sync::Local,struct Sync::Remote>(class boost::shared_ptr<struct Sync::File>)'
    file '.\RemoteStorage.cpp' line 726 threadid 81473296 :
'

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
snyggapa

Re: safesync recurring error - 2 files refuse to upload

well, a word of warning I guess - DON'T DELETE FILES FROM THE SAFESYNC DRIVE

I deleted the file from safesync drive - and it synchronised the delete back to my local filesystem. this was not the desired or expected result

I then restored the file form the safesync web interface recycle bin, but the file on safesync was only partially uploaded and hence corrupt (i had about 50% of a JPG when forced to download and view) - I guess this partial upload was what was stopping the file transfer completing in the first place

cue much scrabbling about to get the original back - so i'm still stuck with 1 file that is constantly eating my Internet bandwidth trying to upload it, and no easy way out.. any suggestions?

-Steve

Please use plain text.
Honored Esquire
stephen

[ Edited ]

I deleted the file from safesync drive - and it synchronised the delete back to my local filesystem. this was not the desired or expected result. It is a synchronization service, so I am afraid that is the 'correct' answer.  However, the user guides etc are almost non-existent, so it is quite understandable that a user should not have a correct idea of the expected result.

You may be able to clear the incorrect semi-uploads by moving the file on your PC to some other location that is not backed up.  With luck, SafeSync will notice this and realize that the (corrupted) backup of that file is no longer necessary and abort it.  

With even more luck, after SafeSync has got itself straight, you can move the file back to the original (synced) location on the PC and SafeSync will see a new file and upload it correctly.

(Of course, it would be nicer if SafeSync never got things wrong in the first place, or failing that it noticed the problem and corrected it itself).

S

Please use plain text.
Honored Esquire
stephen

[ Edited ]

It looks as if you may need to terminate SafeSync (right click on the icon in the status area on bottom right, and select Exit) before you can delete or move the half/corrupted uploaded files.

Please use plain text.
Customer Service Manager
khanto

For files that won't upload, kindly use the kb entry below.

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-us/1056267.aspx

Thanks

Please use plain text.