Skip to content

Stone Esquire
Tenn_Walker
Accepted Solution

running windows defender

While using Trend Micro Internet Security, should Windows Denfender be turned off?

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
manwolf

Re: running windows defender

I suggest that you turn off Windows Defender because its components will conflict with the components of the Trend Micro program. It is also being disabled by the installation process of the Trend Micro program.

It is not recommended to install another AntiVirus or Antispyware on your computer that has a Trend Micro Consumer Product. The components of both the Trend Micro Consumer Product and the third party software will conflict with each other which can cause errors or problems in the performance of your computer. I suggest that you uninstall those programs.

Please refer to the following link for list of programs that needs to be removed before installing the Trend Micro Internet Security 2010:
http://esupport.trendmicro.com/Pages/Programs-to-remove-before-installing-Trend-Micro-Internet-Secur...

Hope this helps.

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
Tenn_Walker

Re: running windows defender

Tks manwolf.

Please use plain text.