Skip to content

Stone Esquire
rlgjr562
Accepted Solution

"You have already reached the maximum number of rules allowed for the current personal..."

I am getting the message "You have already reached the maximum number of rules allowed for the current personal firewall profile"  How is this fixed.  This seems to be a very common issue for trend I saw this question many time on the internet without meaningful solutions.  Most of the solutions were to extra delete applications. What do you do if you have and are still getting the message.

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
1benji

"You have already reached the maximum number of rules allowed for the current personal..

I have the exact problem. Even one step further, this is my own software application and I dont want my customers to have this issue. What do i need to do in my code VB.net in order to make this not be a problem?

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
Ondots

Re: "You have already reached the maximum number of rules allowed for the current personal..

[ Edited ]

Hi Guys,

First question, what version of Trend Micro program are you using? is it the 2010 version ?

Trend Micro's Firewall Program Control or Network Protocol Control can only accomodate 100 entries for each firewall profile.

This message will also appear if you try to add more than 8 rules for a specific program. Please check your Trend Micro firewall settings and remove redundant entries. If you are still using an old version please try using the latest version of Trend Micro.

Hope this has been informative for you :smileyhappy:

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
zillah

Re: "You have already reached the maximum number of rules allowed for the current personal..

Hi

I am having the same problem with Trend Micro Internet Security Engine version 9.120.1004, although I have got only 20 permitted programs under " Program Control" option

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
Hodinn

Re: "You have already reached the maximum number of rules allowed for the current personal...&q

I did this and it fixed the problem...

"Please remove any duplicate or redundant rules and change any program exceptions that consist of multiple individual rules from the 'advanced setting' to the 'simple setting'."

Basically, go to "Home Network and Firewall Controls", then

- Personal Firewall

- Settings

- Advanced Settings

- Program Control

Once you are in Program Control double click on any of the listed entries under Software and this will open Personal Firewall Profile. If there is more than one Connection listed, change the Settings to Simple, then under Firewall Response select Allow then press OK.

That should fix it.

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
JT91

Re: "You have already reached the maximum number of rules allowed for the current personal...&q

For Trend Micro Internet Security Pro, please click Personal Firewall Controls and click the Settings button. Click the "Reset To Default Profile".

For Trend Micro Internet Security for Dell, please click Home Network and Firewall Controls and click the Settings button. Click Change Profile button and there you will see the "Reset To Default Profile" button.

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.