Stone Esquire
elot
Accepted Solution

problem with my antivirus

Hi, i have a problem, my trend micro antivirus is not running, when i try to run it it appears the follow message:

"Runtime Error!

Program: C:/Program Files/Tren Micro/ Internet Security /SfCtlCom.exe

This application has request the Runtime to terminate it in a unusual way

Please contact the applications support team for more information"

Can you help me?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Affiliate
thecounsel

Re: problem with my antivirus

Hello elot,

Could you provide the following information to help us in identifying the cause of the issue you have reported:

1. The Trend Micro product and version installed. You could refer to the instruction here to find out how to tell which version is installed.

2. Your computer's operating system.

Also, could you post a newly generated system information log? You may refer to the instructions here on how to gather this information.

We look forward to your next post.

I am a Trend Micro Affiliate. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
elot

Hi counsel

1. I can´t open de main console of my antivirus because that error, that´s why I can´t tell you the version, but I know that I have the Trend Micro(TM) AntiVirus plus AntiSpyware 2010.
  2. I have the Windows Vista Home premiun.
  3.  I´am  sending you de system information log in an attachment...
Thank´s
Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
manwolf

Re: Hi counsel

Hi elot. I've checked the log that you have provided and I found that there are remnants of Symantec Norton on your computer. Windows Defender is also turned on. These programs are conflicting with the components of the Trend Micro Consumer Product.

Let us first remove the remnants of Symantec Norton from your computer using their uninstall tool.

Please refer to the following link for detailed instructions on how to completely remove Symantec Norton from your computer:
http://service1.symantec.com/Support/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039

After that, kindly turn off the Windows Defender of Windows Vista.

Please refer to the following link for detailed instructions on how to turn off Windows Defender in Windows Vista:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Turn-Windows-Defender-on-or-off

After that, kindly restart the computer and you should now be able to open the main console successfully.

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
elot

Hi counsel

[ Edited ]

I did both (runned the Norton removal tool and turned off the Windows Defender), but I still having the same problem... what else should i do? Thanks

***Note: This thread is locked due to inactivity, for similar concerns kindly post a new topic.

Please use plain text.