Skip to content

Stone Esquire
thedogguy32
Accepted Solution

how do i add trusted program to the exception list / False Positive

[ Edited ]

how do i add trusted program to the exception list

Through the main console, i go to the virus and spyware controls. Then i click on the exception list and under the Trusted Programs tab, i dont see an "add" button. How do i add a program to this list?

Please use plain text.
Customer Service Manager
PartyJetsetGo

Re: how do i add trusted program to the exception list

hi,

check this knowledge base article to allow or block programs with your trend micro firewall:

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/Pages/How-do-I-set-the-Personal-Firewall-of-Trend-Micro-Internet-Sec-...

let me know if this works :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Customer Service Manager
PartyJetsetGo

also you can try on the Virus & Spyware Controls by:

1. Open your Trend Micro program

2. Go to Virus & Spyware Controls

3. Under Protection Against Viruses & Spyware click Settings

4. Click Advanced Settings button on the right side

5. Look for "Ignore Specific Files and Folders" then click "select"

6. A new window will appear that will allow you to "Add File" or "Add Folder" for your program

7. Once you are done selecting your files or folders click Ok

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
Queen_Sher

Will this also work for WildTangent games? I'm having a problem where Trend Micro is detecting false positive with my WildGames console, and the gamesI'm trying to play.

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
chaste02

Queen_Sher,

This also applies for WildTangent games. You can exempt the files by following steps provided by PartyJetSetGo. However, the exceptions only works for RealTime scan (Backend Protection/Scan). The WildTangent games would still be detected if you perform a manual scan or by Trend Micro's scheduled scan.

To re-evaluate the files and permanently drop detection for the WildTangent games and other valid software please follow the steps below:

<<http://esupport.trendmicro.com/Pages/How-to-collect-and-submit-virus-samples-to-Trend-Micro-Consumer...>>

Hope this helps ^_^

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
Korbyn

Yeah, do both items, exclude file and firewall trusting of a program, still doesn't add it to the Trusted Programs list.  I'm trying to get Groove.exe excluded without any success, and the two above mentioned processes don't help, Groove continuely goes Not Responding and/or won't shut down, until I disable the real-time scan all together.

My guess it that the mentioned processes only exclude the file scanning and firewall connections, and doesn't exclude the actual process once it has been started.

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
Ondots

Hi Korbyn,

May I know what version of Trend Micro program you are using?

When you ignore specific files and folders, it will only show it on the window where you click Add File/Add Folder. The files ignored will not be shown on the initial Protection Against Virus & Spyware section under Exception List.

Please check if "groove.exe" is blocked under Prevent Unauthorized Changes. Click Exception List and Allow "groove.exe" in case it is on the list and it's Blocked.

Please make sure also that you're not running other security software that might also monitoring groove.exe when you run it.

Hope this helps :smileyhappy:

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
Spartacus0303

Exception list not working?

Hello everyone,

My Kaspersky Internet Security license has expired and don't plan on returning so I decided to try out Trend Micro Internet Security Pro. I like that it is much lighter than the previous Kaspersky, however, I have just discovered that TIS Pro quarantined the BigKahunaReef.exe - a game which came with this laptop, an Acer 2930Z. I went to the quarantine folder(is it right that the quarantine can be accessed easily? was I wrong in accessing it?) and uploaded to VirusTotal and none of the scanners detected the file as a virus, including TrendMicro!, which was even same pattern no. 9.120.1004. I have included it in the exceptions list but Trend Micro just keeps on taking it back into quarantine! how do you control this? Please help, coz for sure this is a False Positive.

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
drlazor

Whitelist AOL EXE created

I work at AOL and we have created a new EXE.  Can you tell me if Trend has a process for company to submit the EXE and get acceptance to not prompt for blocking. 

Please let me know if there is a process.

Thanks

David

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
sweet_trender21

Re: Whitelist AOL EXE created

Hi,

There is an exception list where you can add it on a whitelist so that it will not block by the Trend micro program. Can I see the screenshot for the blocking prompt so that I'll know what feature of Trend micro's blocking it.

Thank you

Please use plain text.