Stone Esquire
merlyncvg
Accepted Solution

google.ihc is null or not an object after installing trend

I recently purchased trend internet security pro 3.0 and installed on both of my PCs at home. Now when i mouse over and try to click on links pulled up through google search i get this.

An error has occured in the script on this page

line   116

char  56

error 'google.ihc' is null or not an object

code  0

Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?

If i completely disable the trend toolbar in the browser and open a new IE window they are fine again, and it only happens with the trend toolbar on. Both systems are using the newest updates and have been fully cleaned and scanned. Can anyone help with this issue?

Cheers

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
merlyncvg

Re: google.ihc is null or not an object after installing trend

I suppose I should have added im running windows 7 64bit, and IE 8.

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
chaste02

Hi Merlyn,

Welcome to the TM Community ^_^

Its possible that you are experiencing this issue because TIS Pro Toolbar is not yet compatible with IE8 64Bit. Can you please help us verify if your Internet Explorer is 32bit or 64bit?

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
merlyncvg

It is occuring on two different pc's both after having trend installed. it occurs on my 64, and 32 bit versions of windows 7.

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
chaste02

Does the issue occur only on Google Search? How about in Yahoo Search and Bing Search?

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
Jenn

I am experiencing the same issues. I run a 32 bit system, and it happens only for google search. I didn't have any regular issues until I installed a bunch of windows updates two days ago.

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
CaptZig

I am experiencing the same issue after installing lastest version of Trend Pro.  I have had to remove google toolbar to use google.  I would like to have my google toolbar back if there is a fix.

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
merlyncvg

If i use Bing as my default search provider rather than google I do not get any errors when I right click over a link and go there.

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
Smethious

I am experiencing the same  problems as well,:an error has occurred in the sqript on thi page

Line: 116

Char: 56

Error:'google.ihc' is null or not an object 

Code:0

URL: the URL is google.com/extern with a whole lot of mixed letters and numbers.. the bottom asked if I want to continue running sqripts on this page,clicking yes or no does nothing. When I disable the trendprotect add on on my browzer  THEN  I can click on any link on the google search page.Will/can this be fixed with a trend micro update , or is there a work around for it?

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
chaste02

Hi merlyncvg, CaptZig, Smethious!

Since Trend Micro didn't release any TmToolbar updates recently please try my recommendations below.

1. Reset IE settings.

Exit all programs, including Internet Explorer (if it is running).
If you use Windows XP, click Start, and then click Run. Type the following command in the Open box, and then press ENTER: inetcpl.cpl           
     If you use Windows Vista, click Start . Type the following command in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER: inetcpl.cpl

The Internet Options dialog box appears.

Click the Advanced tab.
Under Reset Internet Explorer settings, click Reset. Then click Reset again.
When Internet Explorer finishes resetting the settings, click Close in the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box.
Start Internet Explorer again. Check if you now have the Search Rating on IE8.

2. Internet Explorer Fix from Microsoft.

<<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737>>

I hope this helps ^_~

Please use plain text.