Skip to content

Stone Esquire
launchee
Accepted Solution

cancellation of humyo account - still charging from creditcard every month

Hello,

I started with Humyo Premium in 2008, afterwards downgraded the account to 'free', but in September 2010, again I upgraded to  Premium. Finally, I decided to cancel my account and subscription in December 2010 (in order to start an account with TrendMicro safeSync Unlimited)

4 months later, I found out, that humyo is still charging €5,94 every month. So I called the support and I thought they would cancel the charging, but I was told that TrendMicro cannot cancel the charging of my credit card and that I should call my bank. The bank says, that I should talk to the vendor (=TrendMicro). I also contacted Paypal, but they said that I can't cancel the abonnement (as in a normal case) because of some special issues and that I should contact the vendor (=TrendMicro), because only the vendor can cancel the charging every month. TrendMicro was , in the meantime, giving me back 4*€5,94 for January-April but it seems they cannot or they don't want to(?) cancel the monthly charging of my credit card!

So, this is the story and since 1 months I'm after this problem here. Why is TrendMicro/Humyo not able to cancel a monthly withdrawal?

Also, I tried to phone the support of TM but there was only a recorded announcement !!!!

This problem should be solved by TrendMicro as it is a reputable company. I hope I am not wrong in this case.

Kind regards

Please use plain text.
Moderator Emeritus
JSMO

Re: cancellation of humyo account - still charging from creditcard every month

Hi launchee,

Just a quick reminder that these forums are not setup as a support channel but as a peer to peer service for people to get in touch with each other concerning Trend Micro Products and Share their Trend Micro Experiences with one another.

Here is a quote from our community guidelines found here

Quote:

"Finally, Trend Micro provides no formal customer support via these boards. However, employees from many different Trend Micro departments actively follow and sometimes volunteer their expertise and new information to these discussions. Trend Affiliates and our knowledgeable fans may also volunteer their knowledge and experience. If you are a Trend Micro customer you are welcome to open a formal case for support. Support contact information is located on the Community header menus, on trendmicro.com, and in your software.

I suggest you contact Customer Support directly if you need assistance ASAP.

Here's the info: http://us.trendmicro.com/us/about/contact/index.html

Thank you for understanding.

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
launchee

Hello JSMO,

I did already contact the support channel 1 month ago. I would not have posted this thread if my problem would have been solved by the support team.

Maybe other Humyo customers have the same problem, or maybe another support member here in the forum may have an idea about how to solve the problem - that was my intention to post this here.

Kind regards

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
launchee

oops. I got a notification that there's a new entry from FallenArcher201 (Stone Esquire), which I read already. Now I wanted to answer, but I see that the message was deleted ?!?!?

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
launchee

Can s.o. from TrendMicro please tell me why all replies to this thread are deleted. Today I was notofied my email that there are two new answers. I could read one answer, but when I logged in later on, all two new threads were deleted.

There was no insult or so in this threads. The two people were just saying that they have similar problems.

So, is a community forum not the right place to exchange problems and solutions? Sorry, but it is not my fault that this problem here still exists but why are the comments from others removed? I wonder that you didn't remove the whole thread already!

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro
slabster

hi launchee,

please check your inbox, i sent you a pm

cheers! :smileyhappy:

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience. Now posting as erza.
Please use plain text.
Customer Service Manager
Geocite

Hi launchee,

Just sent you a PM, please check your inbox.

Regards,

Geo :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.