Skip to content

Stone Esquire
Lamen
Accepted Solution

Windows Security Center turned off and cant be started

I just downloaded the latest version of Trend Micro from my administrator account.  I then went to another user and I keep getting an alert that windows security center can't be started.  I have already checked Services and  started security center, RCP. and disabled windows FW and Defender.

Thanks for your help.

Lamen

Please use plain text.
Master Esquire Neo
Master Esquire
Neo

Re: Windows Security Center turned off and cant be started

well can you tell us which OS do you use ???

and make sure that the Service "Security Center" is set to Automatic ..  just like at the attached file    

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
Lamen

I am running Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit
Dell Inspiron 1720 notebook
Intel core 2 duo t8300 2.4GHz
4 G Ram
Trend Micro Pc-cillin Internet Security 14

My windows update icon keeps telling me that "Windows can't check for updates."  I open it check for updates and get Code 80070643

This is the help I get from WHS, except when I go to services I do not have an Office Source Engine.????

Windows Update error 80070643

[COLOR="Red"]If you receive Windows Update error 80070643 while installing updates for Microsoft Office 2003, you might need to restart the Office Source Engine (OSE) service. Windows [/COLOR]Update can automatically start the service to install updates for Office products if the service is set to the default Manual setting. If the service is disabled, you need to restart it, and then try to install the latest updates for Office products again.

To restart the Office Source Engine (OSE) service
You must be logged on as an administrator to perform these steps.

Click to open Administrative Tools.

Double-click Services.  If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

If the Office Source Engine service is disabled, double-click it to open the service properties.

Click the Startup type list, click Automatic (Delayed Start), and then click Apply.

Under Service status, click Start.[/COLOR]

My Windows Security Center is telling me that PC-cillin In Sec. - Virus Protection is on but reporting its status to Windows Sec Cen in a format that is no longer supported.  Use the program's automatic updating feature, or contact the program manufacturer for an updated version.

I have run a complete onecare scan and corrected all issues it found.
I have run the fixit in aggressive mode that was on microsoft support.
HELP:sigh:

Thanks for any help in advance.

This was where my problem started. 

Now I had to restore my back to the install of the new version and I can't get TM Firewall to start.

I went into services and disabled windows firewall and defender made sure that security center was start auto delay.  After I restored I ran malewarebytes and removed all files and trojans and worms.  MyWebSearch adware registries I left.

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
manwolf

Hi Lamen. I suggest that you upgrade your Trend Micro program to the latest version which is the Trend Micro Internet Security 16.6 For Dell. You may follow the instructions I provided below:

Let us first uninstall the currently installed program.

Please refer to the following link for detailed instructions on how to uninstall Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security 14 For Dell. Follow the procedure on the page with the title: Uninstall PC-cillin Internet Security 14 using the PCCTool.exe file:
http://esupport.trendmicro.com/6/How-do-I-uninstall-Trend-Micro-PC-cillin-Internet-Security-14-for-D...

After that, let us delete the Trend Micro folder.

01. Click on the Windows Orb or Start button.
02. Click on Computer and a new window will appear.
03. Double-click on Local Disk (C:smileyhappy:.
04. Double-click on the Program Files folder.
05. Right-click on the Trend Micro folder and options will appear.
06. Click on the Delete option and a pop-up message will appear.
07. Click on the Yes button.

After that, let us now download and install the program.

Please refer to the following link for detailed instructions on how to download and install the Trend Micro Internet Security 16.6 For Dell:
http://esupport.trendmicro.com/Pages/How-do-I-download-Trend-Micro-Internet-Security-for-Dell.aspx

After doing the suggested solutions, you should no longer encounter the problem.

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.