Skip to content

Stone Esquire
shucky

Trendmicro2010 & Linksys WRT110 wireless router

I've a bigpond 2wire DSL modem and a Linksys WRT110 wireless router. The net connection will work if I don't have my Trendmicro A/V activated however as soon as I turn my trendmicro on my net connection is blocked somewhere and all I get is page can not be displayed. I have tried to turn off all firewalls which include the wireless router,the 2wire and trendmicro, I have disabled the friewall driver in the connection properties for trend and turn all of trendmicro's security settings down as low as they go. The Linksys router firmware has been updated to the latest version.
I have contacted Linksys and trendmicro a few times. Trend says to have Linksys remove the Home network defender linksys says the WRT110 does not have a HND so as of now it's a case of he said she said both linksys and trend are pointing the finger at each other and it's not resolving my problem. I have also unpluged the linksys router and used the direct connection on the 2wire DSL modem with trend activated and every thing works just fine which leads me to believe that the conflict is between the Linksys router and Trend. I'm now wondering if anyone here at WTT has had this problem or maybe any tips of what to do.

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
shucky

Re: Trendmicro2010 & Linksys WRT110 wireless router

UPDATE After having a thought I have uninstalled Trends firewall and rebooted the pc and tried getting to a webpage with no luck still recieving the Page cant be displayed error

Please use plain text.