Skip to content

Stone Esquire
travis385

Trend Micro wont turn on

Today when I logged on to my laptop the windows security center popped up and said trend was turned off (Vista) and when I click on turn back on a window pops up that says do you trust and want to allow program to run I click yes and the window goes away but trend wont turn on.  Also when I go to open Trend you can double click it a hundred times and it absolutley will not open the program.  What gives?  I just bought a new year subscription a month ago and everything seemed to be working fine.

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
notagolfer

Re: Trend Micro wont turn on

I would try this first-

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/Pages/How-do-I-scan-my-computer-using-HouseCall.aspx

I suggest that you choose the setting Full Scan instead of the Quick Scan.

Please use plain text.
Honored Emissary
i-live-on-mars

Hi Travis385

Have you tried restarting the computer to see if that helps?

If that does not help, try to uninstall and reinstall the program.

Also, did you do anything different between it working and it failing to start, like installing a new program?

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
syndicate_ira

Hi travis385

Please try to check if there are conflicting softwares on the system (other anti virus /anti malware programs) and if there is try to remove it. Because it could after the Trend Micro Software.

Thank you

I am a Trend Micro employee.  My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience.  I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.