Stone Esquire
bratly
Accepted Solution

Trend Micro Antivirus Located Trojan Horse in Perfect World International Updater

Can we get a confirmation from Trend Micro that this is actually a Trojan Horse?  About 5/8 of the way through the download this message comes up.  Trend Micro Antivirus Located Trojan Horse in my temp file.  Anyway I cant post a picture since I cant do a print screen to a newer format you guys need.  I dont have a new copy of microsoft office on here.

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
bratly

Re: Trend Micro Antivirus Located Trojan Horse in Perfect World International Updater

Also on the Perfect World International formum see users having issues that they cannot get to certain accounts while other accounts they can.  Making me wonder if this is some sort of inside job by a dev.  Oh well it will iron itself out in a few days reguardless.

Please use plain text.
Stone Noble
monkey_d_luffy

Re: Trend Micro Antivirus Located Trojan Horse in Perfect World International Updater

may i know what file are you downloading and where are you downloading it? if its in the Temp folder try to perform a disk cleanup, to do that please follow the steps on the link below:

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/Pages/Running-Disk-Cleanup.aspx

please post all of you malware concerns under Malware Discussions

HTH

-------------------------------------------------------------
Like my response? Please give me a Kudos!
Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
bratly

I bypassed the automatic download and used a manual patch from their site, then shut off the antivirus,  after I made sure all the exceptions they asked were done except the login screen which I can allow when Trend Micro asks if I should allow it.  I got it to work and no trojans are now on the machine.  I cant tell you the file because I cant read Chinese, but this is solved.

Please use plain text.