Stone Esquire
doerther
Accepted Solution

Scheduled Scans

Have had Trend Micro Pro on my laptop for 3 days and set up scheduled scans.  The scans ran as scheduled the first day but have not run since;  I have had to run manual scans.  I have a Dell Studio laptop with Windows Vista.  Could this somehow be an issue?

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
manwolf

Re: Scheduled Scans

Hello doerther. Kindly check the power settings of your computer. This problem happens if your computer is on sleep / standby or hibernate mode on the time that you have scheduled the scan. Refer to the following link:

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/6/Does-Trend-Micro-Internet-Security-2008-run-a-Scheduled-Scan-if-my-...

Hope this helps.

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
doerther

My computer power settings are set not to allow for sleep or hibernate mode.  My computer is not turned off at the scheduled time for the scan. 

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
manwolf

Please check if your computer has third party software programs that can cause conflict with the Trend Micro program.

Please refer to the following link for list of programs that needs to be removed before installing the Trend Micro Internet Security 2010:

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/Pages/Programs-to-remove-before-installing-Trend-Micro-Internet-Secur...

If you don't have any third party software installed, I suggest that you check the list of your Scheduled Scans. Try to uncheck each Scheduled Scan on the list and add a new one then check if it will run. You should take note also that the time format of the Scheduled Scan is military time.

Try to check the Logs inside the Trend Micro program's main console. Check if the scan has been skipped. To do this, refer to the following:

01. Open the Trend Micro Consumer Product main console.

02. Click on the Other Settings & Subscription button.

03. Click on the Logs tab.

04. Choose Scan Times and Skipped Tasks.

05. Click on the View Logs link.

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
doerther

Thanks for the list of programs not compatible with Trend Micro.  However, I do not have any of these on the computer and I have checked the Scan Logs.  I was wondering if Windows Defender would conflict with Trend Micro?

Please use plain text.
Affiliate
thecounsel

Hello doerther,

From how I understand things, Windows Defender should actually complement Trend Micro. However, it surely wouldn't hurt to be sure. You could try disabling Windows Defender and see if there are any significant changes with how Trend Micro operates on your computer.

You might also want to try disbling the State Awareness Feature of Trend Micro if your scheduled scans still won't work:

1. Open the program console.

2. Go to the Other Settings tab (Other Settings and Subscription if you have the 2010 version installed).

3. Go to Security Warnings, then to Settings.

4. At the bottom should be a checkbox for State Awareness.

5. If the feature is enabled (box is checked), disable it (uncheck the box).

6. Click OK.

After doing these, try to set a scheduled scan and verify if it will run as it should.

Hope this helps.

I am a Trend Micro Affiliate. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.