Skip to content

Stone Emissary
kevin238
Accepted Solution

Safesync pricing

Why are the moderators so concerned about letting a free discussion about the change in price structure of Safesync?  It looks like they would rather hide behind a mask of community guidelines, and offend paying customers than let there be a free flow of communication about our concerns.  I am not pleased with the new strategy of limiting backup.  The only answer I have gotten is basically, we got your money for one year, and now we are going to change everything.  The new plans do not even offer enough space for my needs.  I have nearly 200G backed up on their servers now.  It seems that I have to look for a new solution.  The sad part is, I told several friends of mine how much better Safesync is than Carbonite.  Now it looks like they were right. 

Please use plain text.
Moderator Emeritus
JSMO

Re: Safesync pricing

Hi kevin238,

You can discuss about anything you want on these communities as long as you stay withing the community guidelines.

Sorry to hear about your disappointment with the software :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
kevin238

My disappointment is not as much with the software, as with the business model. You offer what seems to b e a great product, and then tell us after the fact that it is not what it appreared to be.  I chose Safesync after a trial of Livedrive and Carbonite, as it had the best feature set, and I believed that TrendMicro was a big enough company to deliver.  Now it has the appearance that you got my $60, and it doesn't matter if I renew or not.  I feel as if I have wasted my time setting everything up with you, just to be told that you won't even offer as much as the other two products did.  Now I have to decide which one of them to go to.

Please use plain text.
Honored Esquire
stephen

If you look under SafeSync in the forums around mid/end February, when the changes were snuck in (most certainly not announced) you will see several similar complaints.  A lot of people's time was wasted as new rules that applied to existing customers were not made clear, as well as the fact that the whole nature of the offering was changing.

Opinion was divided as to whether the change was complete misunderstanding of the market and incompetance at Trend, or whether it was a deliberate bait and swap tactic.  I think general opinion (including mine) was the former.  Either way, many people will be looking for alternatives when their first subscription expires.

S

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
kevin238

I think you may be right about the motivations behind the changes.  Doesn't change the fact that I still have to find a new home for almost 200G of data.  I guess the most annoying thing is that I really expected that a company this large would treat it customers better.  And by this, I mean a little communication goes a long way.  I look through the responses by the trend employees in the forums, and it doesn't even seem like they are unified on what they are presenting.  Fortuately, this is the only product that I have, and migrating will be annoying, but at least I still have several months to get things in order.

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
sura

As yourself, kevin238, I am disappointed by this new price "strategy".

Do TrendMicro want to get rid of Home customer ? It's a good way to do it. The new price is way too high compared with the former one.

Well, I will switch to another company if this doesn't change  before the end of my contract. It's a pity, I had good contact with some employees from the support team and liked the product.

I am not expert in marketing but home customers have sometimes power to convince and bring business customers to your products.

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
Wherearemydata

Yes you are right sura. According to me Safesync users are often working in computer science job. Some of us are working with Trend Micro, if we have a bad impression (slow process, sudden change of politrical price, ...) of personnal use of Safesync we will never push it in buisness!

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
sameerhere

The existing users who have paid for unlimited plan, will they still continue unlimited plan next year with same price or its all going to go ? 

Please use plain text.
Honored Esquire
stephen

Existing users will continue a limited version of unlimited until their current subscription runs out, and will then be in the same position as everyone else (very limited and rather expensive).

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
sura

Well... as stated above some time ago, I will leave Safesync at the end of my subscription in 10 days.

Other providers are offering better prices and not cheating their customers on new price offers. Sad way to get rid of customers...

Bye

Please use plain text.