Skip to content

TEKIAMI
zoidicidal
Accepted Solution

SafeSync: What changes are included within update 3.2.0.1018?

My SafeSync client indicates a new update is available.  I could not find the release notes to understand what is being updated. The description just said "Latest windows client release".

Anyone have any issues after updating? See anything different?

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
marie-helene

Re: SafeSync: What changes are included within update 3.2.0.1018?

Hi

There was problem with the client software (downloading files bug  among others) which should have been resolve.

On the other hand, this is a new limit for account size.

It was unlimited, but now it is limited to 20 gb for $50, 50 gb for $90 or 100 gb for $149... Which make a real (and annoyinf gdifference. :smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
Lambert

Hi,

Just updated SafeSync.. The issue with some files failing to upload seems to be resolved by the update. With regard to the storage plan, it’s a disappointment.. It shows inconsistency from what they claimed “unlimited storage” in the past months. On a brighter side, I guess they implemented that to maintain quality of service. Having an unlimited storage can always be subjected to abuse. That’s why they applied rate limiting to its subscribers which is really an annoyance if you upload large amount of data. And from what I read in the FAQ’s, rate limiting doesn’t apply to those who opt for the new storage plans. A good move I guess..

Cheers!

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
spawn

[ Edited ]

I just updated SafeSync and I found no problems yet. (So far)

My previous concern about the files not being sync automatically from server to my SmartDrive seemed to have been fixed. I don't have to refresh all the folders anymore to force it to sync.

Though the speed of the synchronization is really slow even though I have a fast connection.

***Note: This thread is locked due to inactivity, for similar concerns kindly post a new topic

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.