Skip to content

Stone Emissary
eliuri
Accepted Solution

Removal Tool for TrendMicro Internet Security?

Hello:

I'm planning to install Trend Micro Interent Security 2010  on a trial basis.

Question:

Is there a Trend Micro removal tool by which i can remove all traces of this product if i decide it doesnt work right?

I realize one could always uninstall it via the Control Panel, but this often leaves parts of a security suite behind on the PC.  Removal tools for this are genrally much more effective.

Thanks in advance:

-eliuri

Windows XP Professional Edition SP3

Please use plain text.
Affiliate
thecounsel

Re: Removal Tool for TrendMicro Internet Security?

Hello eliuri,

You can always use the Trend Micro Diagnostic toolkit to remove the program compeletely. Please refer to the instructions through the links below:

How to uninstall Trend Micro Internet Security Pro 2010

How do I uninstall my Trend Micro program if the removal tools fail?

I am a Trend Micro Affiliate. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
eliuri

[ Edited ]

Thanks. Sounds simple enough.

But does the  Trend Micro Support Diagnostic Toolkit   itself get removed when I run it? Or is there a special uninstaller for this program?

-Eliuri

Please use plain text.
Affiliate
thecounsel

Often, the actual application gets left behind in which case you would then have the option to delete the Trend Micro folder manually after the tool runs.

I'm assuming that the main reason you are trying to remove the program using the removal tool in the first place is to make sure that all drivers and system files related to the program's operatioon are removed completely from the computer in the first place, right?

I am a Trend Micro Affiliate. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
eliuri

[ Edited ]

Correct.

I actually havent installed the trial program--Trend micro Interent Security  2010-- yet, and hopefully I wont need or want to remove it.

But in case it doesnt work right, and I need to revert to my current internet security suite or another brand, its generally advised to remove all components and traces of the previous one.

Please use plain text.
Affiliate
thecounsel

I completely agree with you.

So, in case the dignostic tool does get left behind after doing a cleanup of the program's system files, the option to remove it manually will always be there. Anyways, none of the files used by the removal tool are shared by the program while it runs thus removal of the remaining files for the tool afterwards should be a breeze.

Please use plain text.