TEKIAMI
ricahrd

Re: Problems with syncing

I have just received the same response after going through countless tests:

It is a known issue that files between 2 or more PCs cannot be synchronized properly. Unfortunately the engineers do not developed a hotfix solution for this issue. It can be resolved the time when the new version will be released.

sync your files anywhere across multiple devices - oh, but it won't work across 2 pcs?!

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
KoenDS

ricahrd wrote:

I have just received the same response after going through countless tests:

It is a known issue that files between 2 or more PCs cannot be synchronized properly. Unfortunately the engineers do not developed a hotfix solution for this issue. It can be resolved the time when the new version will be released.

sync your files anywhere across multiple devices - oh, but it won't work across 2 pcs?!

"It can be resolved the time when the new version will be released." Any idea when this will be released? Are we talking about days, weeks, months,....?

Please use plain text.
TEKIAMI
ricahrd

"Unfortunately we have no information when the new version will be released.

Thank you for your understanding."

thank you for your understanding that the product doesn't actually do the only thing it is designed to do?  The very reason this service is leased is for the sync across multiple devices...and that is broken?!

Very odd, am a little baffled as to why we were all taken through endless troubleshooting when they knew there was a fault.  When I receive any news I will let you know!

cheers,

Richard.

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
KoenDS

I have been in e-mail contact with Trendmicro support for Belgium (where I live). Initially I got the same story: that they did not know when the problem would be solved. But when I pointed out that this was unacceptable because it is a core functionality of Safesync, and I enquired how I could get my money back, I got this answer: “We heard today that the hotfix to resolve this issue will be released on Monday 22 October. It will be applied to the server, so no customer interaction should be required.”

Please use plain text.
TEKIAMI
ricahrd

someone buy that man a beer, thanks for the info.

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
EllaTS

But I'm getting this from support (who want to close my bug ticket because this is going to take too long to fix for them to keep a ticket open)

"We apologize for any inconvenience caused, the troubleshooting will take months and the issue will be solved in the next version of SafeSync.

We do not have any information when the new version will be released. We cannot confirm the fake news regarding the "hotfix to resolve this issue will be released on Monday 22 October".

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,
Julianna
Trend Micro Technical Support
Trend Micro EMEA (GB) Limited, a Limited Liability Company. Registered in England No. 06766734.
Registered office: Eversheds House, 70 Great Bridgewater Street, Manchester, M1 5ES
Trend Micro (UK) Limited, a Limited Liability Company. Registered in England No. 3698292.
Registered Office: Pacific House, Third Avenue, Globe Business Park, Marlow, Bucks, SL7 1YL
Telephone: +44 1628 400500 Facsimile: +44 1628 400511"

Please use plain text.
TEKIAMI
ricahrd

I'm just replying with this everytime they try to close the case:

Please leave this case open so that when the software update becomes available you can notify me so I know to update the software.

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
EllaTS

That's a very sensible reponse

-Ella

Please use plain text.
TEKIAMI
ricahrd

Unfortunately we have no information when the new version of SafeSync will be released. It will take months till the development team resolve the issue. This is the reason I cannot keep this case open.

On our website you can find news about the latest products or versions developed. Please keep an eye on the website where you will be informed if the new version is already available.
----

Needless to say I have asked for a specific website link for the "latest products or versions developed".

Please use plain text.
TEKIAMI
ricahrd

You can read the latest news on our website, Trend Micro Newsroom;

http://www.trendmicro.co.uk/newsroom/index.html
----

I can't see any form of product update info on that page?  More like general industry news and the odd Trend Micro announcement of new services.

So, that's the end of Safesync it seems.  Strange and odd, I was looking to deploy it to lots of customers but will obviously need to look for something else now.

Please use plain text.