Skip to content

Stone Esquire
davejazz
Accepted Solution

ProHybridrWW.msi (???)

Trend Internet Pro started locking up my system this morning so I attempted to uninstall it and the put it back on again.  While doing this second installation a message popped up informing me that it could not locate ProHybridrWW.msi ... try again or cancel.

I clicked the cancel option and continued with the installation.  I was next told that Trend had been installed before and I should restart my computer to continue the installation.  After the computer restarted the installation resumed and once again couldn't find the missing .msi program, told me to restart and led me through the same never ending loop of can't find and restart.

Does anyone know what/where ProHybridrWW.msi is?

I'm currently doing a restore of the computer from last night's backup.  Hopefully I made the backup BEFORE whatever is locking up the system with Trend installed choked!

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro
slabster

Re: ProHybridrWW.msi (???)

i've tried googling it but i couldn't find any information about it. there are others who experienced getting the same error when installing other applications (non-trend micro programs).

for missing *.msi files, click here. it might enlighten us.

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience. Now posting as erza.
Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
chaste02

Re: ProHybridrWW.msi (???)

Hey Dave,

It seems that your having problems with Microsoft Installer. Most forums identifies and relates ProHybridrWW.msi with Microsoft Office. Some users have seen that file inside MS Office 2007 CD. 

To remove problematic MSI like the one from Trend Micro, you can try using the MSI cleanup utlity.

<<http://download.microsoft.com/download/e/9/d/e9d80355-7ab4-45b8-80e8-983a48d5e1bd/msicuu2.exe>>

Afterwards, try to follow the Solution article from Trend Micro to effectively remove Trend Internet Security Pro.

<<http://esupport.trendmicro.com/Pages/How-do-I-remove-old-or-new-versions-of-Trend-Micro-products-in-...>>

Hope it helps ^_^

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.