Skip to content

Stone Esquire
mickfortune

October 14th update disables all PC devices

Whilst working on my friend's PC this morning an update was automatically downloaded from your site which required a restart after installation.

The PC failed to start at all on a number of occasions but eventually did - in safe mode. The keyboard and mouse are however no longer recognised by the PC so it is impossible to do anything with it.

A message "popped up" in the corner of the screen advising me that there may have been problems with the update just downloaded from your company and that a later update "might" fix it. This is not the first time your company has caused problems of this kind and I am now wondering how to download ANYTHING when I cannot issue any instructions to the PC!

Do you know which files will have been removed or disabled by the update and how I might be able to recover them from another machine on another network and antivirus platform (like the one I'm using now)?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
Rexival_Feraer

Re: October 14th update disables all PC devices

Hey Mick,

did you receive similar notification as the one described on this article?

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/Pages/The-error-message-%E2%80%9CProblems-found-in-the-latest-securit...

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.