Affiliate
tapsikret

cant browse using IE 8 but IM's are working fine

Hi Guys,

I cant browse the internet after my internet security asked me to restart after the update.

However, i can still connect to the internet using IM software.

Dont have other browsers to check if i can browse using another browser

Anybody got the same problem?

btw, Im using another pc right now

Thanks,

Tapsikret

I am a Trend Micro Affiliate. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
stephenharvey

Re: Internet Securety blocking most websites and internet access

Same result, I unchecked the box which will let me browse the internet, but if virus protection is enabled Outlooks is blocked.

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
barneyfife

[ Edited ]

Just got home and set the options suggested and then let it do a new update, turned those options back on, still does not work, they have had all day and this is not fixed yet!

How about putting us back to the previous update versions that worked!

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
souixsie

I am also having this issue, unchecking  “World Virus Tracking & TrendCare Program” did not fix the problem. I found that by disabling the Trend Micro Proxy Service in msconfig/services that I am able to browse and get e-mail again. Will check for updates until situation resolved. 

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
souixsie

Re: cant browse using IE 8 but IM's are working fine

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
Hubbo

Interesting to see how wide spread this problem is. I just upgraded to Windows 7 64bit and have been pulling my hair out thinking that it might be a Windows 7 or Windows 64bit problem.

I discovered the internet fix by playing with settings myself until I found email still not working. Thanks Trend Micro! Though my fix was under "Trend Micro Smart Protection Network" (under "Other Settings & Subscription" tab) then I just unticked "Share threat information with Trend Micro".

I don't know about Trend Micro Proxy Service under msconfig - I haven't tried it, and I'm also wondering how unsecure my computer will become????

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
GigaHz

Same problem here. I can't believe it is not fixed yet.

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
GigaHz

My last update was Oct 1st. Now it says Oct 3rd. It still doesn't work.

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
W4ABC

This is rich!

Thank you for trusting Trend Micro Consumer Support. You are receiving this e-mail because the recent service request you had with us has been closed. It was closed because we have either received confirmation from you or we have not received a reply from you within 5 days after our last correspondence.

Kindly tell us about your support experience by answering our Customer Feedback Form at:
TrendMicro Customer Survey.

Your feedback and suggestions are important to us, and will be used to continually improve the quality of our service.

To escalate any open issues or cases, you can visit the link below:
http://feedback.islanddata.com/IRTWEB/Feedback/Feedback.aspx?clientid=23&nodeid=103

Thank You,
Trend Micro Consumer Support Team

~~~~~

I had to click on the second link to let them know that their automated system of closing out a case after a simple email exchange was not, in fact, good customer service.  Gimme' a break!

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
GigaHz

Updated today. Still not working.

Please use plain text.