Stone Esquire
yank08
Accepted Solution

Installing Internet Security 10

When trying to install internet security 10 on vista o/s I keep getting a message that the computer has to be restarted before installation can start. I reboot the system and try to start installing again and get the same message over and over again. Please help

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
manwolf

Re: Installing Internet Security 10

The problem that you are encountering can be cause by remnants of the previous installations. I suggest that you first use the Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit to remove the older versions of the Trend Micro program from your computer. You can refer to the following link on how to do it.

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/Pages/How-do-I-remove-old-or-new-versions-of-Trend-Micro-products-in-...

Note: For better results, don't restart the computer yet on step number 10, kindly change the version to another version from the dropdown list then uninstall that version. Uninstall each version until you have uninstalled all the program versions on the list.

After using TISTool (Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit) you can now delete the registry entries of the Trend Micro program.

01. Click on the Windows Orb button.
02. Type the following on the Start Search text field above the Windows Orb button:
      regedit
03. Press the Enter key of your keyboard and the Registry Editor window will appear.
04. Click on the arrow sign (>) besides HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
05. Click on the arrow sign (>) besides SOFTWARE.
06. Right-click on the TrendMicro folder and options will appear.
07. Click on the Delete option.
08. Close the Registry Editor window.
09. Restart the computer for the changes to take effect.

After that, kindly delete the Trend Micro folder.

01. Click on the Windows Orb button.
02. Click on Computer and a new window will appear.
03. Double-click on Local Disk (C: ).
04. Double-click on the Program Files folder.
05. Right-click on the Trend Micro folder and options will appear.
06. Click on the Delete option and a pop-up message will appear.
07. Click on the Yes button.

You should now be able to install the latest version of the program.

Hope this helps. :smileyhappy:

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
Eeva358

This is in regards to Uninstall PC-cillin.  I did use the Trend Micro Diagnostic toolkit and would now like to do what you suggested and remove the registry and file. But do please kindly tell me what is

Windows Orb button and where do I find it? Thank  you much.

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
manwolf

The Windows Orb button is the Start button if you have Windows Vista operating system on your computer.

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.