Stone Emissary
kenora

Housecall won't load for me now, always worked before

[ Edited ]

I tagged along on another thread but decided to start another thread,,, I realllllly need some help please!

I am able to run Housecall on an old desktop in the house and have run it numerous times on my Sony Vaio with i7 4 GB, W7 64 bit.

Housecall will start the donload and then kick up the error message at about 10% downloaded.

About a week ago I started to see these (attachment) errors and can't run a scan. I also run Shaw Secure (F-Secure) and have scanned the entire system but found nothing. I aslo used ACS (Advanced System Care) but nothing..

Here is the Hijack this file and a copy of the error message that appeared before HJT ran... I thought HJT wouldn't run after seeing the message but it did

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
phenpen13

Re: Housecall won't load for me now, always worked before

Hi Kenora,

The error that you're getting in HJT[Capture HJT.PNG 98 KB] is due to permission of your operating system, limited access to the host file. Try to right-click the HJT shortcut then select "Run as Administrator". This happens on Windows Vista and/or 7

Regarding to your Housecall, try downloading the file from http://housecall.trendmicro.com/ and save the file to a different location (such as C:\ drive).

Hope will help you.

Cheers!!!

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
kenora

Hi phenpen13,

I was able to run HiJack this as adminstrator without that error showing up, I attached a current scan if that might help but...

I downloaded the 64 bit beta to my downloads folder (I don't see an option in W7 to download it anywhere else!) then copied that file to a memory stick on removable drive G and tried running it from there, again I got to about 10% before getting the same error :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
kenora

I removed Shaw secure and scanned with Spyware Doctor and got this

Is there a free utility to remove it? I really don't want to pay for spyware doctor!

Please use plain text.
Master Esquire Neo
Master Esquire
Neo

Well Kenora is it HouseCall Working for you housecall.trendmicro.com???

if not then try to download Malwarebytes from

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam-download.php

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
kenora

Neo,

I CAN'T run Housecall at all. I downloaded 7.1 and the beta 7.2... both of them stall at about 10% download with the same error.

Malwarebytes costs $24.95, I'd rather stick with the free and effective Trendmicro Housecall if I could.

I'm not too sure about what the shareware deal is.... do I HAVE to pay the $24.95 or do they just ask if I want to donate?

Please use plain text.
Master Esquire Neo
Master Esquire
Neo

Dont worry it is also free just download it and install it after the installation is completed then update it after the update is finished then run a full system scan ... it is Free and paid the difference betwen free and paid is that the free edition don't offer Real Time protection just like HouseCall

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
kenora

Thanks....working on it!

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
phenpen13

Hi kenora,

Try fixing this HJT entry:

F3 - REG:win.ini: load=C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\csrss.exe

csrss.exe [Client Server Runtime Process] is a valid windows application and should be located in C:\Windows\system32\ folder

Once removed or fix checked using HJT, browse on the location of the file C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\

[try to show first hidden files and folders, uncheck hide extentions for known file types, and uncheck hide protected operating system files (recommended)], this can be done on the View Tab of Folder Options

Once accessed the Temp folder, simpy delete the csrss.exe

Hope this one work for you.

Cheers!!!!!

Please use plain text.