I get an error # 0x80040201 hence unable to install the software

Please help

Regards

Rav

Please use plain text.
Affiliate
kidaablaza

Re: Error # 0x80040201

Hi Ravi. Please post the exact error message that you get when you try to install Trend Micro so that we can help you investigate this problem further. Thanks.

I am a Trend Micro Affiliate. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Affiliate
thecounsel

Hello Ravi,

You might also want to describe at which phase of the installation the error comes up.

Also, could we ask for a copy of your computer system information; you may refer to the following article on how to generate this logfile:

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/viewxml.do?ContentID=EN-115839

I am a Trend Micro Affiliate. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
salukee

After a recent Windows update, about a month ago, my Trend Microsoft Internet Security Pro 2010 stopped working. When trying to fix the problem I received the Serious driver installation error. I have followed the instructions here - http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-us/1035470.aspx numerous times without success. I get everything reinstalled and during the activation phase the process stops at the 4th step dealing with setting up my "personal firewall". The process eventually stops and I get the referenced error with instuctions to remove the software again. I still have 84 days from today of service. My system info is attached. Suggestions?

Please use plain text.