Skip to content

Stone Esquire
gregorsmith
Accepted Solution

Creative Solutions Online is it a scam???

I got a phone call from a company Creative Solutions Online saying they had received information from  my computer say it was downloading malware which could infect or damage my mother board.  This malare could get through any existing anti- virus software.  They wanted me to log on to my computer to show the fixes to this problem.  The impression I got was they wanted me to either download software from them or to provide remoter access to my computer  to fix this problem.  I decline there offer of help

Thing is I have no recall of any connection with creative solution and the name doesn't come up on my PC search, I am as sure as I can be I've not agreed to pass my computer uses onto a third party.

They do appear to have a website creativesolutionsonline.net, where their blurb describes this company as a global PC  support organization.   I've not signed up to any PC support apart from dell.

All of this smell bad.  I would like to know if anyone has heard anything from this company (or had similar experience) and should it be reported as a possible internet scam?

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
simonn

Re: Creative Solutions Online is it a scam???

Hi gregorsmith,

I haven't heard of this company but it looks like that it is a scam. good thing that you didn't let them through your computer.

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Talent
abombaci

[ Edited ]

Usually a scam will do that. For instance "You One A Million Dollars" or "You Won A Lottery or "You Won Something In The Mail but to get it you have to pay so much up front. Whenever you have to anything up front consider it a scam! Should have asked them where they got your information from epecially if you've never contacted them about a problem with your computer or did you? Sounds like they were willing to help yourself get phished by them or help them put malware or virus on your computer Ha-Ha! :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
ScamWatching

[ Edited ]

Wednesday March 14 2012

I received a call from a lady with an Indian accent, who asked for me by name. She said that I was a registered Windows user, and gave me my name, address and phone number to gain my confidence. She asked if I was the primary computer user, and if I had Internet access, then if access was dial or broadband. On hearing I had broadband, she asked if I was aware that my computer had downloaded some malicious software. She said that when connecting to certain web sites, various warnings were being issued from my computer. The malicious software was tying up resources, using lots of disk space and slowing my computer down. It could steal my banking details and passwords.

During this time I did a Google search on -  Creative Solutions scam - which turned up this message thread at Trend Micro.

She asked if I used Internet Explorer or Firefox, and then asked me to fire up my browser. Next she asked what was my home page - I said Google. She asked me to clear the top line (meaning the address bar) and told me she would give me something to key in. I said "Wait a moment, I am reading something interesting. There is an item at Trend Micro about Creative Solutions, and it says it is a scam, a fraud. Let me give you the URL so that you can see it". She replied "No, that is not true". So I read out the first paragraph, and told her that it clearly was a scam. She said "It is your computer" and then the line suddenly went dead.

Thank you Trend Micro and thank you Google search.

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
se7en

Hi ScamWatching,

It is a good thing that you did a search on Google first before you let them in your computer :smileyhappy:

The behavior of the scam is clearly what you have described and if you did not research anything about this, they would probably been able to establish a remote connection and they will tell you that there are errors on your computer but this is only to tell you that they will fix it and remove the infection. However, they would transfer the malware into your computer and they will ask you to pay for it. If you decline to pay for it, they would run the malware application and then they will leave you with your computer infected.

It is good to know that you were able to prevent that issue to happen :smileywink:

Regards,

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
mudcrab

I just received the same call. The operator was a lady with indian accent called herself jessica/jennifer or something to that effect. she said she was calling from california and she went on with exactly the same story.

I'm very sure this is a scam. Question is, how and where do they get your details from, including name, phone number and address.

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
bayluwa

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I received a call from a man with an Indian accent, who asked for me by name. He said he is from Creative Solution to help me solving my computer problems. I simply recon that he is not reliable and sounds like fraud and scam. I ask him what is my computer problem and what system I am using, he give me all wrong answers, coz I am using my lap-top with secure net work set up.

I then asked him following questions before answering any of his questions and listerning him:

1) his Creative Solution company detail

2) physical address,

3) official business number,

4) website,

5) contact telephone number,

6) his name,

7) his position and

8) identity number.

He can not answer all, the business number he gave me is wrong, website address is just a fraud, no physical office address exists. Later on, he got angry with me and threatening me. I said I should inform police and he replied that 'police are part of their team. Police can do nothing for me on this. In fact, Creative solution employees and he can harm me if he wants". He suddenly getting very rude and use F** language to me..I then hung up my phone stop talking to him. This is not a first time, frequently call me.

They are just a fraud, do not listern and follow their instruction. They will redirect you to go to some websit. Once you visited their directed fraud website, real malware will be installed into your computer to scam your banking detail, account, passwords, credit card numbers and personal particulars. BE CAREFUL! IF YOU answer calls with INDIAN accent, just simply hung up, never talk to them. Inform police or your government scam watch authority.

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
scubacat1959

I, too, just recieved a call (Indian accent - male) and immediately was suspicious.

He did reply to my many probing questions fairly quickly (but not convincingly).  I did not have my computer booted so went through "the dance" with him anyway.

He said my computer would crash in 24 hours so I said I'd backup everything and call him back in 72hrs - he didn't like that - said the malware was already on my system and needed to be removed right away.  I told him I had online security through Comcast and they should be contacting me, why are you contacting me from an Operating System company post-sale? (he didn't know my operating system other than Windows XP/Vista/7 - that only covers about 90% of PCs today...)  ; )

I asked where he was, he said Miami - so I asked for a phone # and he said here's a "toll free" phone number: 239.244.2328.  I asked for his name: Peter.  I asked for his company ID #: AK39.  He said I would reach the "direct help center but would have to get redirected to him".  I said that # is not toll-free - he said it was, I said no it wasn't.

I asked for his company name and web site: CREATIVE SOLUTIONS at creativesolutions.com and I told him I'd check it out and get back to him.

Thankfully Trend had this link come up on google right away.

Somebody needs to track these guys down - I didn't even get online with him or offer any info other than what he had - so didn't even get to payment.

OBVIOUS SCAM - BEWARE!! (though it's a good reason to backup my files and check security just in case...)

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
arteec

Hi bayluwa

I like your sense of intuition!

Asking any questions on the list to verify their credibility is one way to avoid these people. Kudos!

Hope everyone will get to read these posts on this thread to become more vigilant and aware.

Thanks everyone!

Regards, 
Artee  

Please use plain text.
Honored Noble
jojo123

thanks for the info

Please use plain text.