Stone Esquire
piney84
Accepted Solution

Cannot install Trend MAX 2012 incompatible software AVSDK5

Hi Guys,

I am a computer technician who has come across an issue with your software. 

My customer could not install Trend MAX 2012 due to Incompatible software AVSDK5.

After lengthy research and trial and error I was able to resolve this issue and would like to share the solution.

The Issue is, the computer has Authentium Antivirus5 installed. You will need to uninstall the program. If you cannot find the uninstaller in programs and features, Like me you will have to remove it the hard way.

Delete the following registry keys:

hkey_local_machine\system\controlset001\services\vseamps

hkey_local_machine\system\controlset001\services\vsedsps

hkey_local_machine\system\controlset001\services\vseqrts

hkey_local_machine\system\controlset002\services\vseamps

hkey_local_machine\system\controlset002\services\vsedsps

hkey_local_machine\system\controlset002\services\vseqrts

You will also need to search the registry for Authentium and delete any key regarding Authentium Antivirus5 one by one which is a lengthy process.

Open an elevated command prompt and type: sc delete "vseamps"

Also if they exist, delete the folders: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Authentium C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Authentium

Only after doing all this was I able to install Trend Max 2012.

I Hope this helps someone else

Kind regards,

Alex

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
simonn

Re: Cannot install Trend MAX 2012 incompatible software AVSDK5

Hi Piney84,

Thank you for sharing. This will surely help a lot.

Cheers!

Simon :smileyhappy:

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
Sarmi777

Hi piney84,

Thank you for sharing that solution.

Let me also share another solution if the Trend Micro Installation still detecting AVSDK5 an an incompatible software.

I recently tried to uninstall and delete all remnants in all drives and registriesm but there will still be remnants of this program.

What I did is to use the Microsoft Cleanup Utility (msicleanup) and deleted/removed the AVSDK5 on the list and everything went through.

Hope it helps!

Sarmi777 

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
andreem

Hi All,

I believe Microsoft Cleanup utility is not compatible with Windows 7. One solution that can help is the Microsoft Fix It online application. Here's the link for that: http://fixitcenter.support.microsoft.com/Portal

Hope it helps.

Please use plain text.
Customer Service Manager
PartyJetsetGo

thanks for sharing :smileyhappy: im sure other users will greatly benefit on this.

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
spc9333

You also must search the registry and delete all folder instances of AVSDK5.  Then you can install.

Enjoy

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
brunettesrule

HI ALEX.

I know this post is a bit old, so hope you or someone at Trend Micro see it.   I just brought Trend Micro Maximum Securityon 5/5/13 for my computer at home.  I when to install it on my old desktop computer and it won't install because it detects AVSDK5.   I found the below comment from this fourm and followed it.  I am not an IT guru at all, but managed to do 99.9% of the steps below.   Authemtium Antivirus 5 is still in one of the folders which I cannot delete.  I moved it to the desktop, thinking that may work until I can remove it.  Obviously not.    How can I get this last bit deleted when I go to delete it, I get an error saying "THE CTION CAN'T BE COMPLETED BECAUSE THE FOLDER OR A FILE IN IT IS OPEN IN ANOTHER PROGRAM.  - AUTHEMTIUM DATE CREATED 9/4/11.

I hope someone can help me as I obviously can't return the product now I have opened it.   Single mum her desperately needing help. 

Cheers, Jane

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
se7en

Hi brunettesrule,

Try to restart your computer in safe mode with networking. Follow the instruction here.

After that, try to delete the folders and the registry entries.

Regards,

Please use plain text.