Skip to content

Stone Esquire
mike3143

Can you increase the maximum number of rules permitted for this Personal Firewall?

I was wanting to know if you can increase the number of rules allowed in Internet Security. I did find the link on the support page that says to delete rules but is there a way to increase the number of rules in the registry? The message I get is "You have reached the maximum number of rules permitted for this Personal Firewall profile. Delete at least one rule before adding another."

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
chaste02

Re: Can you increase the maximum number of rules permitted for this Personal Firewall?

@mike3143

There's no way to increase Personal Firewall rules if you already have 100 or more Program Control or Network Protocol Control rules in your. This is the same when you have 8 rules for a specific program (Games, Browser, Other software).

This is a current product limitation for TIS2008.

If you are not using Tis2010 yet, you might want to try installing the latest version which MAY accomodate more than 100 firewall rules. I will try to check if my Tis2010 can support more than 100 rules.

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
mike3143

Re: Can you increase the maximum number of rules permitted for this Personal Firewall?

I am running TIS2010 and that's the program I'm having the problem with. I have it set that I have to allow all programs so that's why I hit the limit. It's not really 100 programs, it's 100 items that ask for access. I will probably go back to one of the other applications with more flexibility with firewall notification. Thanks for the help.

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
gamonty

I have the exact same problem.  I have only 20 rules and can not delete any of them.  Should I delete Microsoft Office or outlook or Windows explorer or Windows mail  or windows mail 64 bit version or PDF creator or Sugar Sync( my back up program) or windows live.  Is this such a limited program that it can not support a normal user?

Please use plain text.