Stone Esquire mls
Stone Esquire
mls
Accepted Solution

Can't Send or Receive Email in Outlook 2003

Last Thursday I received some 233 requests to accept some program at 3:00 a.m.  I deleted all, but since that time I cannot get online with Outlook 2003.  I can neither send nor receive emails from outlook; however, all other programs can access the internet and I can send email from yahoo without problem.  Anyone else with this issue or with a solution?

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
jtayon

Re: Can't Send or Receive Email in Outlook 2003

I just chatted with a tech support person and tehy had me change  my "personal Firewall Profile" to "home network"

1. Right click on the Trend icon on the system tray
2. Choose Switch Firewall Profile
3. Select Home Network

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire mls
Stone Esquire
mls

Thanks for your information. I made the change, but it did not solve the problem.

Please use plain text.
Stone Talent
brandomasahista

How about totally "temporarily" disabling your firewall just to check and isolate that it is not a firewall problem?  From there maybe the other folks here can give more suggestions on how to solve the problem.

Please use plain text.
Affiliate
PolicePRO

Hi. Was browsing through the posts here. :smileywink: It could be that you are still using an older version of Trend Micro. If you can post the program version here I might be able to help you out.

Here's how to do it. Open the Main Console then hit Help & Support. Then click Product Information and note down the Program Version. Post it here and I'll see what I can do. :smileyhappy:

I am a Trend Micro Affiliate. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
TEKIAMI
bluexave

Most of cant/ send recieve email problems are caused by:

A TM pop-up at the lower right side of your screen saying suspicious activity.... Outlook.exe (Allow/ Block)

User does not read through the message and Blocks the program > resulting to a blocked Outlook

Easy Work-Around: Change to a new profile

A new profile would not have Outlook blocked on it yet

1. Right-click on the red T-Ball icon near the clock.

2. Change Firewall profile > preferably to Home Network

Easy Solution

Reset to Default Profile. This erases all customizations for all profiles. Make sure you take the time to read the warnings before allowing/ blocking.

1. Open the Trend Micro.

2. Go to Personal Firewall Controls > Personal Firewall > Settings

3. Click on Reset to Default Settings (Depending on version, you might need to click on Change Profile first.)

4. Make sure you change to the appropriate Firewall Profile afterwards.

Best Solution

Go to Program Controls and allow Outlook.

1. Open the Trend Micro.

2. Go to Personal Firewall Controls > Personal Firewall > Settings > Advanced Settings > Program Controls

3. Double click on your email program

4. Set to simple and allow

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
ESSmith

I've tried all of the suggestions above and still can't send. Was on chat with a verizon rep for over an hour last night. When he finished I could send and receive for about a minute and then it froze up again. Now I can receive but have to send from the Verizon site. What is safe to disable in Trend Micro?

Please use plain text.
Affiliate
dalewj

[ Edited ]

How do you know its related to a trend product?   Maybe the program that was attacking did somethign to the outlook registry items?

and what di the verizon guy have you change?

I am a Trend Micro Affiliate. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
ESSmith

After talking with tech support at work, I de-installed Trend Micro and tested sending/receiving email. I WAS able to do so which let me know it was Trend (V 12) so I upgraded to 16 and installed it. Can now send and receive. Thanks

Please use plain text.