Stone Esquire
FrustratedUser
Accepted Solution

Blocked Websites

How can I access a website that Trend Micro says is malicious? I'm trying to go to my son's school website and it won't allow me. I have to ask permission to go to a website!!!! I'm livid!!! I don't even have a choice, the "Accept" tab is greyed out so all I have is Close or Reclassify. When i choose Reclassify, I have to enter the website and ask Trend Micro to look at the site.

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro
slabster

Re: Blocked Websites

hi FrustratedUser,

possible reasons are:

too high firewall settings

too high parental control settings

or the site is really classified as malicious by trend

to validate the last point, check the site rating here: sitesafety.trendmicro.com

if its safe, then its either of the first two reasons, it would be helpful if you will post your trend micro program and version and screenshot

i hope to ease your frustrations ^___^

cheers! :smileyhappy:

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience. Now posting as erza.
Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
FrustratedUser

My Firewall is turned off and I don't have parental control settings and even if I did, why would it block me from going to my kids school website? I've been on this website many times before, and with other computers but now that I have TM, it's suddenly malicious? I want to know what I can do to change this? Why can't I choose "Accept"? I don't remember giving up my right to decide which websites I want to go to. If I get a warning message from TM and then decide to click through anyway, then I deserve to get a virus, but to outright block me from going to a website that I know is safe is crossing the line. I'm not asking TM for permission. This is my computer and I'll decide what websites I want to go to! 

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
FrustratedUser

By the way, I appreciate your attempt to help and thank you, but right now I'm mad as hell!

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro
slabster

to help us in isolating what's causing it

did you check its rating from sitesafety.trendmicro.com?

what is your program version?

:smileyhappy:

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience. Now posting as erza.
Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
se7en

Hi FrustratedUser,

If you need to access that website, you can turn off the Trend Micro program temporarily but since it is detecting the website as malicious, visiting this website can download a file that can infect your computer. The Trend Micro program is protecting your computer so that is the reason why it is blocked.

If you temporarily disable the program, you can access the website but be aware that your computer is at risk.

If you want to disable the Trend Micro program, right-click the Trend Micro icon on your lower right corner (system tray), and you would see Exit. If it prompts you, just click on Yes. In that way, the Trend Micro program is now turned off. You can now access that website.

To turn on the program, you can double-click the shortcut icon on your desktop or also, you can click on the Start button, click on All Programs, click on Trend Micro folder and open the Trend Micro program there. In that way, it is turned on.

If you would disable the Trend Micro program and visit that website, after that, I'll be advising you to perform a scan using your Trend Micro program.

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.