Stone Emissary
francesco
Accepted Solution

OFFLINE update of DeepSecurity VA - ANTIMALWARE components

[ Edited ]

Dear All,

I'd like to update the AntiMalware components of Deep Security 7.5 Virtual Appliance, but I don't want to connect

the VA to Internet, so I'd like to know a way to download the files and then update the VA in offline mode.

The list of components is :

1) Smart Scan Agent Pattern
2) Virus Pattern
3) IntelliTrap Pattern   
4) IntelliTrap Exception Pattern
5) Spyware Active Monitoring Pattern
6) Virus Scan Engine

Is there any precompiled package for this kind of update ? I suppose no, so I started to investigate how I can do i

t MANUALLY.

I have (probably) identified the related file in the VA

1) icrc$oth.xxx (Smart Scan Agent Pattern)
2) lpt$vpn.xxx (Virus Pattern)
3) tmwhite.xxx (IntelliTrap Pattern)   
4) tmblack.xxx (IntelliTrap Exception Pattern)
5) ssaptn.xxx (Spyware Active Monitoring Pattern)
6) libvsapi.so (Virus Scan Engine)

I think I can find the updated version of this file in the TreadMicro download center.

Suppose (pretty sure) the file extentsion xxx is something related to the version of the component.
If I try to download the "Smart Scan Agent Pattern" I receive the file icrc$oth.209 (the version is 8.209.00) but I

already have a file icrc$oth.YYY where YYY > 209 ... so has my system a newer version of the component ? :smileyindifferent: It's the same with other components ...

I'm a little bit confuse.
Is there anyone that can help me ?

Thank you very much,
Francesco

Please use plain text.
Affiliate
kirill

Re: OFFLINE update of DeepSecurity VA - ANTIMALWARE components

Hi,

I think best way is to install Control Manager and connect the CM to internet, is simplest way. Or request from Trend Micro off-line update tool. Or also you can install Smart Scan server and connect this server to Internet..

Kirill

I am a Trend Micro Affiliate Emeritus. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience. Now posting as KirillGelfand.
Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
francesco

Re: OFFLINE update of DeepSecurity VA - ANTIMALWARE components

Hi Kirill,

This could be an idea :smileyhappy:

Hope we can find other solutions.

Cheers,

Francesco

Please use plain text.