Stone Esquire
TicToc
Accepted Solution

Deep Security 8

Failed to download VIB. Please insure the ESX Server Can Connect To XXX On Port 4119

there is no firewall blocking the server connections

the filter zip has been imported and is ready.

any hints?

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
pritongkandule

Re: Deep Security 8

I already encountered the same error when preparing esxi for DSVA. kindly someone help me. I cannot proceed with the DSVA deployment. Can I refer this to a consumer support? I dont know the contact number/email.

Please use plain text.
Customer Service Manager
charlie71

Hi.  Since the product you are using is business, you can file a request to our Business Support Segment by going to this URL http://esupport.trendmicro.com/srf/SRFMain.aspx

This would prompt our system to create a Service Request ticket and prompt support that a case had been filed.  From that point on, Tech Support would assist and collaborate in isolating and fixing your issue.

Hope this helps.

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
Mr-S

I'm guessing that your issue would have since been resolved however just a note, the main reason as to why that error message would appear is if the ESXi hosts cannot resolve the FQDN of the Deep Security Manager.

No firewall modifications need to be made to the ESXi host in order to resolve the problem.

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
Nicolas

Experienced this problem; and both times it was related to dns errors.

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
KeithW

In our case this error was caused by a corrupted filter driver update package (FilterDriver-ESX_5.0-8.0.0-1680.x86_64.zip). We deleted the update in the DSM and we were then able to prepare our ESXs.

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
pink_purple

Hello,

Good day! Thanks for posting. You may check this KB Article <http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-us/1061338.aspx> that might be related to the issue.

Thank you.

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.