Skip to content

Stone Emissary
marmaduke
Accepted Solution

OFC 10.6 Client Packager Access Denied creating a package on Windows 2008 Server

I am trying to create an installation package using the Client Packager Utility and when I try to run the package, I get a "cWinFileException Error: 5: Access is Denied."

I have tried several different locations to save the exe file with no luck...same error.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
ryandelany

Re: OFC 10.6 Client Packager Access Denied creating a package on Windows 2008 Server

Did you try running the clnpack.exe as the Administrator?  Right-click it and select Run As Administrator and see if you have better luck.  That error is from the operating system and it's a result of not having appropriate permissions.

Ryan

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
arteec

Re: OFC 10.6 Client Packager Access Denied creating a package on Windows 2008 Server

Hi marmaduke

You can apply the hotfix from the link below to resolve this issue:

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-us/1060163.aspx

Let me know if this helps.

Regards, 

Artee

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
ryandelany

Artee,

I don't think that hotfix applies to this issue.  I don't believe it's a bug, it's a user permission issue.

Ryan

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
Stepan

This is not an issue of access rights, I`ve tried it as a domain admin, as a local admin and still have this issue too.

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
ryandelany

When you run the Client Packager tool, try right-clicking and selecting "Run As Administrator" and let me know if that works.

Ryan

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
israelm

I'm getting the " CWinFileException Error 2" and once I hit ok, I get the error message "The client package cannot be created. Please make sure to specify the correct output file or source file" Any idea what I'm doing wrong? However it still seems like it still creates a zip file on my desktop. Is this just a bug? I have ran the file yet.

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
ryandelany

[ Edited ]

Hi @israelm 

That's a different error than the original post.  The solution you are looking for is in our Knowledge Base here:

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-us/1060155.aspx

Ryan Delany

Trend Micro Inc.

[Mod note: added @ mention]

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
israelm

TrendMicro Officescan client install 10.6

Is there another option in installing the client on a PC without using the Client packager ? 

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
ryandelany

Re: TrendMicro Officescan client install 10.6

[ Edited ]

Hi @israelm ,

There are numerous client installation options avialable, all of which are available in the product documentation, specifically Chapter 4: Installing the OfficeScan Client, located here: http://docs.trendmicro.com/all/ent/officescan/v10.6/en-us/osce_10.6_sp2_ag.pdf?page=124

I've linked you straight to Chapter 4 for your convenienve.

Ryan Delany

Trend Micro Inc.

[Mod note: added @ mention]

Please use plain text.