Skip to content

Stone Emissary
timewyrm
Accepted Solution

Installing 3rd Party Certifcate on IMSVA 8.0

I'm looking for some advice/assistance on how to install a 3rd party certificate on our IMSVA version 8.0 for our End user Quarantine.  I've seen a couple of posts for the version 7 5000 aplliance but thoses don't seem to quite do the trick :smileyhappy:

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Affiliate
kirill

Re: Installing 3rd Party Certifcate on IMSVA 8.0

Hi,

I think the procedure is same for IMSA 7.x and IMSVA. Try it, if not success, replay me and I check this for you.

Kirill

I am a Trend Micro Affiliate Emeritus. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience. Now posting as KirillGelfand.
Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
timewyrm

Re: Installing 3rd Party Certifcate on IMSVA 8.0

I followed the instructions from this link.

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/Pages/Creating-a-self-signed-certificate-for-the-InterScan-Messaging-...

upon restarting the EUQ service I ws never asked to install a new certificate for the service.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Affiliate
kirill

Re: Installing 3rd Party Certificate on IMSVA 8.0

Hi,

As I understand the solution is working for you? You can check the certificate in browser? Is the right one?

Kirill

I am a Trend Micro Affiliate Emeritus. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience. Now posting as KirillGelfand.
Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
timewyrm

Nope, it isn't working at all. :smileyhappy: 

Also now the main console page won't load unless I undo all of the changes.  in the documnet and use the original .keystore file.

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
dchdc

There is one more step you need to do.

Open /opt/trend/imss/UI/adminUI/conf/server.xml and search for 8445. After the "keystoreFile="sslkey/.keystore"", add the following: "keystorePass=<password>". Same as what you change in /opt/trend/imss/UI/euqUI/conf/server.xml

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
timewyrm

This will allow me into the main admin console and I can import the certificate into my trusted root certificate authorities with the certificate that I have created, however the certificate for the End User Quarantine has not changed.  The EUQ seems to be pulling it's certificate from another location.  It looks like /opt/trend/imss/UI/apache/conf/ssl.crt.  Is there something that I need to change there or something more in a config file that needs modification?

Thanks again

Please use plain text.